Subject: [conex] IPR on ConEx mechanisms

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:14:30 +0100

Wes as responsible AD, ConEx chairs & list,

A request to publish draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses is currently 
being passed to the IESG. It says that no relevant IPR declaration is 
known to exist.

In the interests of full disclosure, the re-ECN protocol can be 
thought of as a precursor to ConEx and BT declared its IPR relevant 
to re-ECN here:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/651/>

It is very likely that at least some of the BT patents identified in 
that BT declaration are also relevant to ConEx.

BT is in the process of reviewing its patent portfolio so that it 
might re-issue the above IPR declaration. Any re-issue will point 
both to specifications of re-ECN and to specifications of ConEx 
mechanisms as well as identifying any additional BT patents.

Bob

________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                                BT Innovate & Design