Subject: [conex] Last Call: <draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses-04.txt> (ConEx Concepts and Use Cases) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:10:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Congestion Exposure WG (conex)
to consider the following document:
- 'ConEx Concepts and Use Cases'
  <draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides the entry point to the set of documentation
   about the Congestion Exposure (ConEx) protocol.  It explains the
   motivation for including a ConEx marking at the IP layer: to expose
   information about congestion to network nodes.  Although such
   information may have a number of uses, this document focuses on how
   the information communicated by the ConEx marking can serve as the
   basis for significantly more efficient and effective traffic
   management than what exists on the Internet today.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:11:34 -0400

> No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

Didn't Mr Briscoe just email that there was a BT IPR claim against
this ID, related to re-ECN work he did/does for BT?

> _______________________________________________
> conex mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/conex

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:12:40 -0400

> this ID, related to re-ECN work he did/does for BT?

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/conex/current/msg00916.html

---

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:55:51 +0200

Hi,

Bob's email specifically said specifications and mechanisms would be 
likely to be tagged with the IPR. This particular document is neither a 
specification nor a mechanism as it describes the use cases for conex. 
When the drafts describing the conex spec are sent to the IESG, the IPR 
claim will be propely pointed out.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Regards, marcelo

El 29/03/12 18:11, Christopher Morrow escribió:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM, The IESG<[email-masked]>  wrote: