Subject: [core] coap #108 (new): CoAP methods != HTTP methods

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:02:35 -0000

#108: CoAP methods != HTTP methods

 It should be made clearer that CoAP methods are almost, but not entirely
 unlike HTTP.

 From [http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/msg01461.html
 Peter Saint-Andre's review]:

 Section 2 states:

    CoAP makes use of HTTP GET, PUT, POST and DELETE methods, with the
    semantics specified in Section 5.8.

 However, are we in fact using those HTTP methods exactly as they are
 defined in draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics (or RFC 2616)? E.g., the
 description of CoAP GET in Section 5.8.1 of our spec is conceptually
 similar to the descriptions of HTTP GET in Section 9.3 of RFC 2616 and
 Section 7.3 of draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-12, but there are enough
 differences to perhaps confuse readers.

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…        |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor           |   Milestone:     
Component:  coap            |     Version:     
 Severity:  -               |    Keywords:     
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/108>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>