Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-castellani-core-coap-overhead-00

From: "Angelo P. Castellani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:48:10 +0100

Dear all,

as Carsten suggested me during the previous interim meeting, I have
tried to build a full proposal in order to minimize the impact of
overhead related to Message ID and Token (see also this thread
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/msg01469.html)

This work has grown to an high amount of text, thus for convenience of
reading is available in the following document:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-castellani-core-coap-overhead-00.txt

Given the complexity involved in changing the base header of CoAP, as
discussed in the document, and the early design contained therein,
please be tolerant if I have missed some bug or issue.

Any kind of feedback and comment is welcome.

Best,
Angelo

p.s.: I am planning to further elaborate the text and format proposed,
in particular adding further support to long-lived sessions like
long-lasting deferred responses/subscriptions..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 17:44
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-castellani-core-coap-overhead-00
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-castellani-core-coap-overhead-00.txt has
been successfully submitted by Angelo P. Castellani and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-castellani-core-coap-overhead
Revision:        00
Title:           CoAP overhead: protocol analysis and reduction proposals
Creation_date:   2011-02-21
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 15

Abstract:
This draft aims at providing an analysis of the current overhead
present in CoAP and at proposing alternative formats leading to an
even more compact procotol.

The IETF Secretariat.