Subject: [core] coap #102 (new): Improve URI scheme registration

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 16:55:30 -0000

#102: Improve URI scheme registration

 Based on the reviews by [http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/uri-
 review/current/msg01323.html Mykyta Yevstifeyev] and [http://www.ietf.org
 /mail-archive/web/uri-review/current/msg01321.html Björn Höhrmann]:

   * The registration template should reflect what is intended to be in the
 final document. A second, provisional template may be added with a comment
 saying that the RFC editor should remove it (as suggested by
 [http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/uri-review/current/msg01345.html
 Martin J. Dürst]).

   * ''Encoding considerations'' should talk about internationalization
 (e.g., handling of non-ascii query strings).

   * ''Security considerations'' should point to section 10.3.1.

   * ''URI scheme semantics'' should be enhanced to saying that (a) coap
 URIs identify resources, (b) how these resources can be located (by
 contacting the governing CoAP server) and (c) how these resources can be
 operated on (by sending CoAP requests to the CoAP server).

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…        |       Owner:  hartke@…      
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new           
 Priority:  minor           |   Milestone:                
Component:  coap            |     Version:                
 Severity:  -               |    Keywords:                
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/102>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>