Subject: [core] coap #107 (new): Remove Max-Age from requests

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 22:48:59 -0000

#107: Remove Max-Age from requests

 coap-03 and coap-04 included the feature of including a Max-Age Option in
 a request. The meaning of such an option was defined along the following
 lines:

   * coap-03: "I want a representation which is no more than X second old."

   * coap-04: "I want a representation that I can keep at least X seconds
 in my cache."

 It was found that the definition in coap-03 does not work very well. The
 definition in coap-04 "makes at least a little bit of sense, so that's
 what's in there", but seems of little use.

 It was agreed in the webex call to remove the feature.

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…        |       Owner:  hartke@…      
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new           
 Priority:  minor           |   Milestone:                
Component:  coap            |     Version:                
 Severity:  -               |    Keywords:                
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/107>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>