Subject: Re: [core] #143: Retransmit timeout adaptation

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 12:37:09 -0000

#143: Retransmit timeout adaptation

Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

Comment:

 In our opinion it is premature to work on the kind of adaptive retransmit
 timeout for CoAP, and instead this should be considered in e.g. draft-
 eggert-core-congestion-control. However, text was added to indicate that
 we do expect that future specifications to enable the initial timeout to
 be set in other ways.

-- 
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…                |        Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor                 |    Milestone:                    
Component:  coap                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                     |   Resolution:  wontfix           
 Keywords:                        |  
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/143#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>