Subject: [core] New version of CoAP available

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 01:53:45 +0300

Hi,

Version -06 of CoAP is now available:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-core-coap-06.txt

This version of the drafts closes all the open tickets that were agreed upon in Prague, and in addition we managed to take some of Charles Palmer's review comments into account as well (thanks!).  

Change log:

   o  HTTP mapping section improved with the minimal protocol standard
      text for CoAP-HTTP and HTTP-CoAP forward proxying (#137).

   o  Eradicated percent-encoding by including one Uri-Query Option per
      &-delimited argument in a query.

   o  Allowed RST message in reply to a NON message with unexpected
      token (#134).

   o  Cache Invalidation only happens upon successful responses (#135).

   o  50% jitter added to the initial retransmit timer (#142).

   o  DTLS cipher suites aligned with ZigBee IP, DTLS clarified as
      default CoAP security mechanism (#138, #139)

   o  Added a minimal reference to draft-kivinen-ipsecme-ikev2-minimal
      (#140).

   o  Clarified the comparison of UTF-8s (#136).

   o  Minimized the initial media type registry (#101).

-- 
Zach Shelby, Chief Nerd, Sensinode Ltd.
http://zachshelby.org  - My blog "On the Internet of Things"
http://6lowpan.net - My book "6LoWPAN: The Wireless Embedded Internet"
Mobile: +358 40 7796297