Subject: [core] #151: Clarify matching rules for messages and tokens

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 14:03:23 -0000

#151: Clarify matching rules for messages and tokens

 It was brought up that the matching rules for messages should be clarified
 as the current Section 4.1 text:

 " A recipient MUST be prepared to receive the same confirmable message
   (as indicated by the Message ID) multiple times, for example, when
   its acknowledgement went missing or didn't reach the original sender
   before the first timeout.  The recipient SHOULD acknowledge each
   duplicate copy of a confirmable message using the same
   acknowledgement or reset message, but SHOULD process any request or
   response in the message only once."

 is not clear that the ACK is matched with the MID and additional address
 information. This ticket is to further clarify the above text and ensure
 similar matching rules are defined in Section 5 for tokens.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  cabo@…      
     Type:  protocol defect     |      Status:  new         
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:              
Component:  coap                |     Version:              
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:              
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/151>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>