Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-link-format-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 03:47:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : CoRE Link Format
	Author(s)       : Zach Shelby
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-link-format-06.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2011-06-15

   This document defines Web Linking using a link format for use by
   constrained web servers to describe hosted resources, their
   attributes and other relationships between links.  Based on the HTTP
   Link Header format defined in RFC5988, the CoRE Link Format is
   carried as a payload and is assigned an Internet media type.  A well-
   known URI is defined as a default entry-point for requesting the
   links hosted by a server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-core-link-format-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-core-link-format-06.txt

---

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:54:44 +0300

This new version of link-format takes care of the UTF-8 text that we have been polishing for quite some time, and fixed a small example error. 

The new UTF-8 related text reads:

"Whereas the HTTP Link Header format depends on [RFC2616] for its encoding, the CoRE Link Format is encoded as UTF-8 [RFC3629]. A decoder of the format is not expected to (but not prohibited from) validate UTF-8 encoding and doesn't need to perform any UTF-8 normalization. UTF-8 data can be compared bit-wise, which allows values to contain UTF-8 data without any added complexity for constrained nodes."

Zach 

On Jun 15, 2011, at 1:47 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> core mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core

-- 
Zach Shelby, Chief Nerd, Sensinode Ltd.
http://www.sensinode.com
http://zachshelby.org  - My blog "On the Internet of Things"
http://6lowpan.net - My book "6LoWPAN: The Wireless Embedded Internet"
Mobile: +358 40 7796297