Subject: [core] #164: OPTIONS and TRACE to return always 501 in HTTP-CoAP binding

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 08:08:51 -0000

#164: OPTIONS and TRACE to return always 501 in HTTP-CoAP binding

 During review of coap-06 Carsten and Cullen suggested that the OPTIONS and
 TRACE sections are currently useless as currently written. The current
 text says that the proxy answers when Max-Forwards=0 but gives a 501
 otherwise.

 To simplify the mapping further, thus tickets is to always return a 501
 for both the OPTIONS and TRACE methods.

-- 
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…                |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor                 |   Milestone:                    
Component:  coap                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                     |    Keywords:                    
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/164>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 09:41:35 -0000

Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Done in coap-07.

-- 
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…                |        Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |       Status:  closed            
 Priority:  minor                 |    Milestone:                    
Component:  coap                  |      Version:                    
 Severity:  -                     |   Resolution:  fixed             
 Keywords:                        |  
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/164#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>