Subject: Re: [core] #151: Clarify matching rules for messages and tokens

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 08:45:30 -0000

#151: Clarify matching rules for messages and tokens

Changes (by hartke@…):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 There are some left-overs from the previous version which was written in
 the scope of one client communicating with one server; see
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/msg02311.html

-- 
-----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…           |       Owner:  cabo@…
     Type:  protocol defect  |      Status:  reopened
 Priority:  minor            |   Milestone:
Component:  coap             |     Version:
 Severity:  -                |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/151#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 10:05:51 -0000

Changes (by hartke@…):

 * owner:  cabo@… => zach@…
 * status:  reopened => new

-- 
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…           |       Owner:  zach@…
     Type:  protocol defect  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |   Milestone:
Component:  coap             |     Version:
 Severity:  -                |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+---------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/151#comment:3>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:03:12 -0000

Changes (by zach@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Added a new section on message matching rules, and added references to
 this from Section 4.1.

 4.3.  Message Matching Rules

    The exact rules for matching an ACK or RST to a CON message or a RST
    to a NON message are as follows.  The Message ID of the response MUST
    match that of the original message.  For unicast messages, the source
    of the response MUST match the destination of the original message.
    How this is determined depends on the security mode used (see
    Section 10): With NoSec, the IP address and port number of the
    message destination and response source must match.  With other
    security modes, in addition to the IP address and UDP port matching,
    the request and response MUST have the same security context.

-- 
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…           |       Owner:  zach@…
     Type:  protocol defect  |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor            |   Milestone:
Component:  coap             |     Version:
 Severity:  -                |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+---------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/151#comment:4>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>