Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-shelby-core-resource-directory-02.txt

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 00:53:55 +0200

A new version of the Resource Directory draft is now available:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-shelby-core-resource-directory-02.txt

   Changes from -01 to -02:

      o Added a terminology section.

      o Changed the inclusing of an Etag in registration or update to a
      MAY.

      o Added the concept of an RD domain and a registration parameter
      for it.

      o Recommended the Location returned from a registration to be
      stable, allowing for end-point and domain information to be
      changed during updates.

      o Changed the lookup interface to accept end-point and domain as
      query string parameters to control the scope of a lookup.

Zach

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: November 1, 2011 12:52:30 AM GMT+02:00
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Subject: New Version Notification for draft-shelby-core-resource-directory-02.txt
> 
> A new version of I-D, draft-shelby-core-resource-directory-02.txt has been successfully submitted by Zach Shelby and posted to the IETF repository.
> 
> Filename:	 draft-shelby-core-resource-directory
> Revision:	 02
> Title:		 CoRE Resource Directory
> Creation date:	 2011-11-01
> WG ID:		 Individual Submission
> Number of pages: 19
> 
> Abstract:
>   In many M2M scenarios, direct discovery of resources is not practical
>   due to sleeping nodes, disperse networks, or networks where multicast
>   traffic is inefficient.  These problems can be solved by employing an
>   entity called a Resource Directory (RD), which hosts descriptions of
>   resources held on other servers, allowing lookups to be performed for
>   those resources.  This document specifies the web interfaces that a
>   Resource Directory supports in order for web servers to discover the
>   RD and to registrer, maintain, lookup and remove resources
>   descriptions.  Furthermore, new link attributes useful in conjunction
>   with an RD are defined.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Zach Shelby, Chief Nerd, Sensinode Ltd.
http://www.sensinode.com
http://zachshelby.org  - My blog "On the Internet of Things"
http://6lowpan.net - My book "6LoWPAN: The Wireless Embedded Internet"
Mobile: +358 40 7796297