Subject: Re: [core] #179: SHOULD NOT for multicast response repression

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:38:18 -0000

#179: SHOULD NOT for multicast response repression

Changes (by zach@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done:

 "When using a transfer protocol like the Constrained Application Protocol
 (CoAP) that supports multicast requests, special care is taken. A
 multicast request with a query string SHOULD NOT be responded to if
 filtering is not supported or if the filter does not match (to avoid a
 needless response storm). The exception is in cases where the IP stack
 interface is not able to indicate that the source address was multicast."

-- 
----------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…                |       Owner:  zach@…
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                 |   Milestone:
Component:  link-format           |     Version:
 Severity:  -                     |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+---------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/179#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>