Subject: [core] Fwd: Reviews requested: draft-carpenter-6man-uri-zoneid-00.txt

From: Kerry Lynn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:14:05 -0500

Greetings,

I am cross-posting this request from Brian Carpenter as it seems to have
particular relevance to the Application area and constrained environments.
The referenced draft adds zone identifiers to the URI syntax, making it
"legal" for browsers to accept link-local URIs.

If you have an opinion on Brian's questions, please respond to him directly.

Regards, -K-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Subject: Reviews requested: draft-carpenter-6man-uri-zoneid-00.txt
To: 6man <[email-masked]>

Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in Uniform Resource Identifiers

We'd like feedback on this. In particular, which of the two options
proposed do people prefer?

  OPTION 1:

  The existing syntax of IPv6address is extended by adding a specific
  option for the case of link-local addresses.

  OPTION 2:

  The existing syntax of IPv6address is retained, and a zone identifier
  may be added optionally to any literal address.  This allows
  flexibility for unknown future uses.

 - Brian & Bob

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-6man-uri-zoneid-00.txt
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 17:27:00 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

       Title           : Representing IPv6 Zone Identifiers in Uniform
Resource Identifiers
       Author(s)       : Brian Carpenter
                         Robert M. Hinden
       Filename        : draft-carpenter-6man-uri-zoneid-00.txt
       Pages           : 6
       Date            : 2011-12-06

  This document describes how the Zone Identifier of an IPv6 scoped
  address can be represented in a Uniform Resource Identifier that
  includes a literal IPv6 address.  It updates RFC 3986 and RFC 4007.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carpenter-6man-uri-zoneid-00.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------