Subject: [core] #227: Make aborting the previous transaction optional

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:06:25 -0000

#227: Make aborting the previous transaction optional

 Section 4.5 requires a server implementation to stop an old transmission
 and carry the retransmit count over to the new transaction.

 Cullen Jennings notes (msg03073h) that this is hard to implement in some
 cases and a minor optimization for an edge case.

 He proposes that a server implementation can choose if it wants to abort
 the previous transaction or run two transactions in parallel.

 * If it aborts the previous transaction, then it needs to copy over the
 retransmit state to the new transaction.

 * If it doesn't cancel the old transaction, the device still finds out the
 device is gone.

-- 
----------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…              |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-observe@…
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                 |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  observe               |    Version:  observe-05
 Severity:  In WG Last Call       |   Keywords:
----------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/227>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>