Subject: [core] Impact of the Smart Object Security Workshop?

From: Johannes Gilger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 13:17:24 +0200

Hey guys,

I very much enjoyed the Smart Object Security Workshop right before the
IETF 83. As I was not able to attend the IETF meeting in Paris and have
no personal backchannels, I was wondering about the impact (if any) the
Workshop had on discussions in the WGs (CoRE as well as others). I
listened to some of the CoRE discussion slots, but was not able to
observe any on-the-record conversation which mentioned the workshop.

Something came up in the workshop and may have direct IETF relevance was
the question of an authorization/access control policy protocol. OAuth
was mentioned (which is IETF territory) and at least one other possible
solution was presented. Is anyone working on this? Any thoughts in
particular?

Regards,
Jojo

P.S.: Maybe I'm just impatient and everyone just returned from a hard
      week in Paris, in which case I apologize.

-- 
Dipl.-Inform. Johannes Gilger
Research Group IT-Security
UMIC Research Centre
RWTH Aachen University
Mies-van-der-Rohe-Straße 15
52074 Aachen

Office: 211
Phone: +49 241 80 20781
Fax:   +49 241 80 22731

http://itsec.rwth-aachen.de

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 15:18:47 +0300

Hi Johannes, 

I was not able to attend all sessions related to smart objects last week (because of other obligations) but Jari and myself summarized some of the workshop discussions in the LWIG and the SAAG meeting. The slides can be found here: 
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-saag-3.ppt
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/slides/slides-83-lwig-7.pdf
I also gave a presentation about the TLS raw public key support in the TLS working group and the document will enter WGLC soon.

Regarding OAuth: There is deployment happening already and I will try to find some pointers. 

Ciao
Hannes

On Apr 2, 2012, at 2:17 PM, Johannes Gilger wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> core mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core