Subject: [core] #224: Comments

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:01:29 -0000

#224: Comments

 Cullen Jennings notes (msg03073c):

 Section 3.5. I don't think you can remove a client from observer list
 based purely on source IP, you need to use source IP and source port.
 Without this two different clients behind a NAT would remove each other
 when talking to a server outside the NAT. Similar problems with moor than
 one coap client on the same host. Same issue in section 4.1 when adding a
 lint to lis of observers.

 ->

 Clarify that "client" here is a subclass of "endpoint", which is
 identified by its transport address (IP address/port) and security
 association.

-- 
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-observe@…
     Type:  editorial        |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  observe          |    Version:  observe-05
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/224>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>