Subject: [core] #219: Clarify that observe is about eventual consistency

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:54:28 -0000

#219: Clarify that observe is about eventual consistency

 Jeroen Hoebeke notes (msg02900):

 There is a difference between the following:

 1. informing a client about every change of the state of a resource: this
 is what one would expect when just reading the abstract of the draft

 2. delivering a client an always fresh representation of a resource (even
 if the resource did not change): this is what the draft actually
 implements through the max-age option

 ->

 a) observe is indeed about eventual consistency, only, at this point in
 time
 We need to ensure that the abstract provides truth in advertising.

 (See also next ticket.)

-- 
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-observe@…
     Type:  editorial        |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  observe          |    Version:  observe-05
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/219>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>