Subject: [core] #216: IANA: get Multicast addresses

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:02:29 -0000

#216: IANA: get Multicast addresses

 Cullen Jennings notes (msg03072b):

 I think we should have IANA allocate a v4 and v6 default address to use
 for multicast

 ->

 Add text to IANA considerations.

 TBD:
 This would be a variable scope multicast address for IPv6 (RFC 3307) and a
 scoped multicast address for IPv4 (RFC 5771)?

-- 
-----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  other technical  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |    Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/216>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>