Subject: [core] Feedback request on HTTP mapping document split

From: "Angelo P. Castellani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 17:37:04 +0200

Dear WG,

as per the direction from the chairs at the Paris IETF, here you can
find a public google doc containing our initial selection of document
parts that we will keep in http-mapping-04 base draft:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ynwBBT9Jrp-nlr7vT43qg__YevvVQaEZDIuiavLBdds/edit

We highlighted:
- in yellow the parts that are "good enough" in the current text, and
that we will keep as they are
- in orange the parts that need synthetic rewriting, and to be more
focused in the document
- in white the parts removed and that will be put in a
core-advanced-http-mapping-00 draft

The document is public, you can read, comment and edit it. Especially
if you feel that some sentences need to be clarified, highlight them
in orange.

In particular "placement and deployment" section in HTTP-CoAP will
became after rewriting a focused "reverse proxy" section.

Major doubts are about the following sections, about them we made the
most conservative choice:
- multicast mapping --> advanced
- observe mapping --> advanced
- coap-http --> base

If you feel that those choices need more thought, drop your opinion in
this mail thread.

We target having a phone conference with WG members interested in this
topic, in about 2 weeks from now. Details will be dispatched to the
people interested in this work (replying to this thread).

Best,
Angelo
(on behalf of http-mapping co-authors)

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 18:04:51 -0400

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for the write up.  I am fine with your proposal and I think it correctly captures the WG discussion at IETF Paris.

Akbar

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Angelo P. Castellani
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:37 AM
To: core
Cc: Carsten Bormann; Cullen Jennings; Salvatore Loreto; Rahman, Akbar; Thomas Fossati; Dijk, Esko
Subject: Feedback request on HTTP mapping document split

Dear WG,

We highlighted:

Best,
Angelo