Subject: [core] #213: Path/Query options minimum length

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:10:22 -0000

#213: Path/Query options minimum length

 Section 5.10. (Option Definitions) defines the Uri-Path, Uri-Query,
 Location-Path and Location-Query options to have a minimum length of 1
 byte. This is a remnant of the time when each option could be included
 only at most once instead of for each path segment/query argument
 individually. Segments and arguments can have a length of zero characters.

 (RFC 3986 is quite clear that

       segment       = *pchar

 i.e., a segment can have zero or more pchars.
 For example, a zero-length path segment is needed to differentiate

 coap://example.com/a/
 from
 coap://example.com/a
 )

-- 
-----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  protocol defect  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |    Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/213>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>