Subject: [core] #232: Clarify inclusion of Location options in a 2.01 (Created) response

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 10:21:12 -0000

#232: Clarify inclusion of Location options in a 2.01 (Created) response

 Esko Dijk notes (msg03057l):

 Section 5.8.2.

   If a resource has been created on the server, a 2.01 (Created) response
 that includes the URI of the new resource in a sequence of  one or more
 Location-Path and/or Location-Query Options SHOULD be returned.

 While section 5.10.8 defines this optional:

   The two options MAY be included in a response to indicate the  location
 of a new resource created with POST.

 Should 5.8.2. refer to 5.10.8 to define the right behaviour (to avoid
 double definitions) ?

-- 
-----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…         |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  editorial        |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |    Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/232>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:41:06 -0000

Comment (by cabo@…):

 ->

 If a resource has been created on the server, a 2.01 (Created) response
 SHOULD be returned,  which may include the URI of the new resource in a
 sequence of one or more Location-Path and/or Location-Query Options
 (section 5.9.1.1 and 5.10.8).

-- 
-----------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…         |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  editorial        |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |     Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/232#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>