Subject: Re: [core] #189: Access control

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 07:18:17 -0000

#189: Access control

Changes (by zach@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done. The following text was added:

 Some servers may provide resource discovery services to a mix of clients
 that are trusted to different levels. For example, a lighting control
 system might allow any client to read state variables, but only certain
 clients to write state (turn lights on or off). Servers that have
 authentication and authorization features SHOULD support authentication
 features of the underlying transport protocols (HTTP or DTLS/TLS) and
 allow servers to return different lists of links based on a client's
 identity and authorization.

-- 
----------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…                |       Owner:  zach@…
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                 |   Milestone:
Component:  link-format           |     Version:
 Severity:  -                     |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+---------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/189#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>