Subject: [core] link-format-12

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 15:16:54 +0200

Hi zach,

a few comments on link-format-12.
In the introduction you explain resource discovery. may be it is wise 
to add a phrase which states that resource discovery returns the links
of a given server which is complementary to service discovery which 
returns the identity of a server providing a given service.

As commented by others, the I-D mentions a lot the new relation 
"hosts", but it is not clear why you need it (for resource directory?). 
An example illustrating such an important relation will be appreciated.

TYPO: In 1.2.1 last words of first alinea: by a server; and not "the" 
server.

I assume there normally is a relation between "if" attribute and "rt" 
attribute. May be you could spend some lines in section 3 before sec 
3.1?

TYPO: section 3.1  first phrase alinea 2 ....is not meant to assign a 
human .... (remove "used to").

last phrase section 4.1 can be much shorter and clearer:
The query with a Multicast IP destination address SHOUILD not be 
responded to....
and remove the phrase with: "The exception......"

The rest of the document reads rather easily and fits nicely to 
RFC5988.

Greetings,

peter

-- 
Peter van der Stok
mailto: [email-masked]
www: www.vanderstok.org
tel NL: +31(0)492474673     F: +33(0)966015248