Subject: [core] #234: Editorial updates to -observe examples

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:44:51 -0000

#234: Editorial updates to -observe examples

 Cullen Jennings notes (msg03073f):

 End of section 4.3. Could give a nice example here of an switch that
 return two different XML bodies that indicate if it is on or off but map
 to a ETAG or 0 and 1 and how that helps reduce bandwidth usage.

 (The example would be in appendix A, but there would be a reference from
 section 4.3.)

 Also:

 Klaus Hartke notes:

 In the example in Figure 4 (The client re-registers after Max-Age ends),
 the client does not wait before it reregisters as is recommended in
 Section 3.3:

 It is RECOMMENDED that the client does not issue the request while it
 still has a fresh notification and, beyond that, while a new notification
 from the server is still likely to arrive.

 -> Fix the example in the obvious way.

-- 
-----------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |      Owner:  hartke@…
     Type:  editorial        |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  observe          |    Version:  observe-05
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/234>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>