Subject: Re: [core] #224: Clarify the concept of end-point (was: Comments)

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 09:28:15 -0000

#224: Clarify the concept of end-point

Changes (by cabo@…):

 * owner:  draft-ietf-core-observe@… => draft-ietf-core-coap@…
 * priority:  minor => major
 * version:  observe-05 => coap-09
 * component:  observe => coap

Comment:

 This should not be solved in -observe, but needs to be clear in main
 -coap.  (Observe should then add a pointer to the relevant text,
 e.g. in its introduction.)

 Define in -coap that end-point is identified by its IP address, port
 number, and security mode/context.  Define what the latter is for the
 security modes we define.

 Make sure that similar editorial pointers are added to -coap where
 necessary.

-- 
-----------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  editorial        |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |     Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/224#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:37:06 -0000

Comment (by cabo@…):

 Also:  Section 4 of -observe defines the conditions when a client is
 removed from the list of observers. Clarify: When DTLS is used, the client
 must also be removed when the DTLS end-point ceases to exist, i.e. the
 session ends.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/224#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>