Subject: [core] #239: Always reserve option delta 15

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 14:19:14 -0000

#239: Always reserve option delta 15

 Cullen Jennings notes (msg03072j):

 Section 3.1

 Having the a option delta of 15 mean different things based on if the
 Option Count Field is 0 or not just seems it adds complexity and bugs not
 worth the small compression gain.

 ->

 (substitute 15 for 0 in the above)

 For simplicity, we should always only use option deltas from 0 to 14,
 independent of whether we need the option terminator or not.

-- 
-----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  other technical  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |    Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/239>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>