Subject: Re: [core] #196: Clarify URI fetching rule for attribute values in Section 3

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 07:12:43 -0000

#196: Clarify URI fetching rule for attribute values in Section 3

Changes (by zach@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done, updated text:

 3.  CoRE link extensions

    The following CoRE specific target attributes are defined in addition
    to those already defined in [RFC5988].  These attributes describe
    information useful in accessing the target link of the relation, and
    in some cases can use the syntactical form of a URIs.  Such a URI MAY
    be dereferenced (for instance to obtain a description of the link
    relation), but that this is not part of the protocol and MUST NOT be
    done automatically on link evaluation.  When attributes are compared,
    they MUST be compared as strings.  Relationships to resources that
    are meant to be retrieved should be expressed as separate links using
    the anchor attribute and the appropriate relation type.

-- 
----------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…                |       Owner:  zach@…
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  trivial               |   Milestone:
Component:  link-format           |     Version:
 Severity:  -                     |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+---------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/196#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>