Subject: [core] #238: Proxy terminology

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 14:01:45 -0000

#238: Proxy terminology

 Cullen Jennings notes (msg03072e):

 Section 1.2

 We have two very different types of proxies - one only speaks COAP and the
 other type translates between CoAP and HTTP. I would prefer a different
 terms for the translating type. Perhaps "translator" or "translator
 proxy". I understand people don't want to use gateway but it is what many
 people would call a gateway.

 -> Agree on terminology and go through the 113 occurrences of "proxy"

-- 
-----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  editorial        |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |    Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/238>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>