Subject: Re: [core] #214: Adopt vendor-defined option into core-coap

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 14:29:55 -0000

#214: Adopt vendor-defined option into core-coap

Comment (by fluffy@…):

 Carsten proposal:  reserved a option number that first 2 bytes of data is
 an code point that is allocated by IANA. reserver another options for 3
 bytes, 1 byte, etc. Need two sets of these numbers - one for critical and
 one for elective.

 Action: Carsten will write up in COAP misc.

-- 
----------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…                |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                 |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap                  |     Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call       |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/214#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:53:01 -0000

#choose ticket.new
  #when True
 Alper Yegin (http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/core/current/msg02958.html):

 I recommend we migrate Section 3. Vendor-defined Options of coap-misc I-D
 into core-coap I-D.

 ➔

 This would then become 5.10.11.
  #end
  #otherwise
    #if changes_body
Changes (by hartke@…):

    #end
    #if changes_descr
      #if not changes_body and not change.comment and change.author
Description changed by hartke@…:
      #end

--
    #end
    #if change.comment

Comment(by hartke@…):

 We may need vendor options for all meaningful combinations of "(not) safe
 to be forwarded without knowing it" and "(not) part of the cache key".
    #end
  #end
#end

Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/214#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:11:03 -0000

Comment (by cabo@…):

 Text in section 3 of coap-misc-18, to be moved over to core-coap.

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/214#comment:3>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>