Subject: Re: [core] #215: editorial issues around Congestion Control

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:47:57 -0000

#215: editorial issues around Congestion Control

#choose ticket.new
  #when True
 Salvatore Loreto notes (http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/core/current/msg03042.html):

 The section 4.6. Congestion Control needs some editorial work as at moment
 it talks at the same time of the network congestion control issue and of a
 mechanism to avoid to overloading a server (suggesting for the latter a
 similar mechanism to the one used by HTTP).

 ->

 The section is indeed entirely about congestion control and not about
 server load control at all.
 It may need to be improved to reduce the potential for misunderstanding
 here.

 Cullen Jennings (msg03072s, t, u,v) makes a couple of technical points
 (e.g., he argues that CoAP needs to be more strict about the number of
 concurrent requests than HTTP is).  These are technical issue that need
 further discussion.

 Also, Salvatore notes (msg03039) that the reference to draft-eggert-core-
 congestion-control in 4.5 would point to an expired draft.  As 4.5 now has
 expanded discussion of multicast congestion control, maybe the reference
 is no longer necessary. It could also be replaced by a copy of the first
 two paragraphs in section 3.4 of draft-eggert-core-congestion-control (the
 third paragraph is now covered by material in 4.5 that was not available
 at the time 3.4 was written).
  #end
  #otherwise
    #if changes_body
Changes (by zach@…):

 * owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@… => cabo@…

    #end
    #if changes_descr
      #if not changes_body and not change.comment and change.author
Description changed by zach@…:
      #end

--
    #end
    #if change.comment

Comment:

    #end
  #end
#end

-- 
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |       Owner:  cabo@…
     Type:  editorial        |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |     Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+--------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/215#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>