Subject: Re: [core] #207: Add advice on default values for critical options

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:35:16 -0000

#207: Add advice on default values for critical options

#choose ticket.new
  #when True
 Klaus Hartke points out that the guidelines for registration of new
 options could include a check for an essential property of any default
 values for new critical options.

 in 11.2, a change for the registration information could be:

    o  The default value, if any.

 ->

    o  The default value, if any.  For a critical option with a default
 value, a discussion how the default value enables processing by
 implementations not implementing the critical option (Section 5.4.3).

 In 5.4.3, add at the end:

 Where a critical option has a default value, this is chosen in such a way
 that the absence of the option in a message can be processed properly both
 by implementations unaware of the critical option and by implementations
 that interpret this absence as the presence of the default value for the
 option.

 Some wordsmithing may be required.
  #end
  #otherwise
    #if changes_body
Changes (by zach@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

    #end
    #if changes_descr
      #if not changes_body and not change.comment and change.author
Description changed by zach@…:
      #end

--
    #end
    #if change.comment

Comment:

 Change made in r686.
    #end
  #end
#end

-- 
-----------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…         |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap@…
     Type:  editorial        |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor            |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |     Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/207#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 20:12:16 -0000

Changes (by hartke@…):

 * version:   => coap-09

Component:  coap             |     Version:  coap-09

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/207#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>