Subject: Re: [core] #218: Mostly obvious section 5.10.8 fixes

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:55:56 -0000

#218: Mostly obvious section 5.10.8 fixes

#choose ticket.new
  #when True
 Klaus Hartke (msg03034d):

 Section 5.10.8. (Location-Path and Location-Query) state that the
 Location-* options describe an "absolute path URI". But if there is only a
 Location-Query option, there is no path. The section should say that the
 Location-* options describe a relative URI that consists either of an
 absolute path, a query string or both, and that is resolved relative to
 the request target URI.

 Also:

 Esko Dijk (msg03057m):

 Section 5.10.8 “The two options MAY be included in a response to indicate
 the location of a new resource created with POST.”

 “the two options MAY” -> this sounds like they have to be included as a
 pair, which is not the case.

 Also:

 Klaus Hartke (msg03034e):

 Section 5.10.8. (Location-Path and Location-Query) should define that "the
 value of a Location-Path Option MUST NOT be '.' or '..'."

 Also:

 Make sure it is obvious that all the options together indicate *one*
 Location.
 (cf. msg03072ba)

 Also:

 (Fix grammar of sentence 1 in the process.)
  #end
  #otherwise
    #if changes_body
Changes (by zach@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

    #end
    #if changes_descr
      #if not changes_body and not change.comment and change.author
Description changed by zach@…:
      #end

--
    #end
    #if change.comment

Comment:

 The following fix to r689 was made:

 {{{
 5.10.8.  Location-Path and Location-Query

    The Location-Path and Location-Query Options together indicate a
    relative URI Location that consists either of an absolute path, a
    query string or both, and that is resolved relative to the request
    target URI.  The Location-Path Option is similar to the Uri-Path
    Option, and the Location-Query Option similar to the Uri-Query
    Option.  The value of a Location-Path Option MUST NOT be '.' or '..'.

    Any combination of these options MAY be included in a response to
    indicate the location of a new resource created with POST.

    If a response with one or more Location-Path and/or Location-Query
    Options passes through a cache and the implied URI identifies one or
    more currently stored responses, those entries SHOULD be marked as
    not fresh.

    More Location-* options may be defined in the future, and have been
    reserved option numbers 44, 46 and 48.  If any of these reserved
    option numbers occurs in addition to Location-Path and/or Location-
    Query and are not supported, then a 4.02 (Bad Option) error MUST be
    returned.

    Both options are "elective" and MAY occur one or more times.
 }}}
    #end
  #end
#end

-- 
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |       Owner:  hartke@…
     Type:  other technical  |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor            |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |     Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+--------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/218#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>