Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 06:59:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2012-07-10

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained devices.  It is
   anticipated that constrained devices will often naturally operate in
   groups (e.g. in a building automation scenario all lights in a given
   room may need to be switched on/off as a group).  This document
   defines how the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication
   context.  An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is
   detailed for both constrained and un-constrained networks.  Also,
   various use causes and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/