Subject: [core] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-02.txt

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:54:22 -0400

Hi,

Esko and I have updated the Group Communications I-D.  Any comments are welcome.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-02

   Changes from ietf-01 to ietf-02:

   o  Rewrote congestion control section based on latest CoAP text
      including Leisure concept (#188)

   o  Updated the CoAP/HTTP interworking section and example use case
      with more details and use of MLD for multicast group joining

   o  Key use cases added (#185)

   o  References to [I-D.vanderstok-core-dna] and
      [I-D.castellani-core-advanced-http-mapping] added

   o  Moved background sections on "MLD" and "CoAP-Observe" to
      Appendices

   o  Removed requirements section (and moved it to
      draft-dijk-core-groupcomm-misc)

   o  Added details for IANA request for group communication multicast
      addresses

   o  Clarified text to distinguish between "link local" and general
      multicast cases

   o  Moved lengthy background section 5 to
      draft-dijk-core-groupcomm-misc and replaced with a summary

   o  Various editorial updates for improved readibility

Sincerely,

Akbar

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Rahman, Akbar
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Esko Dijk and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-core-groupcomm
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Group Communication for CoAP
Creation date:	 2012-07-10
WG ID:		 core
Number of pages: 25
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-02.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-02
Diff:            http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-02

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained devices.  It is
   anticipated that constrained devices will often naturally operate in
   groups (e.g. in a building automation scenario all lights in a given
   room may need to be switched on/off as a group).  This document
   defines how the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication
   context.  An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is
   detailed for both constrained and un-constrained networks.  Also,
   various use causes and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF Secretariat