Subject: [core] RFC 6690 on Constrained RESTful Environments (CoRE) Link Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 22:43:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6690

        Title:      Constrained RESTful Environments (CoRE) Link 
                    Format 
        Author:     Z. Shelby
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 47720
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-link-format-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6690.txt

This specification defines Web Linking using a link format for use by
constrained web servers to describe hosted resources, their
attributes, and other relationships between links.  Based on the HTTP
Link Header field defined in RFC 5988, the Constrained RESTful
Environments (CoRE) Link Format is carried as a payload and is
assigned an Internet media type.  "RESTful" refers to the
Representational State Transfer (REST) architecture.  A well-known
URI is defined as a default entry point for requesting the links
hosted by a server.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC