Subject: [core] #242: Wait for acknowledgement before sending new notification

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:34:05 -0000

#242: Wait for acknowledgement before sending new notification

 Section 4.5

     When a server is in the process of delivering a confirmable
 notification and is waiting for an acknowledgement, and it wants to notify
 the client of a state change using a new confirmable message, it MUST stop
 retransmitting the old notification and SHOULD attempt to deliver the new
 notification with the number of attempts remaining from the old
 notification.

 Cullen Jennings pointed out that the server must not start transmitting
 the new notification immediately, but wait for the current attempt to time
 out or succeed. If the resource changes its state multiple times before
 then, only the last one is transmitted.

-- 
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…         |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-observe@…
     Type:  protocol defect  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  observe          |    Version:  observe-05
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/242>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>