Subject: Re: [core] #217: how fast must the observe clock be able to go?

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:25:00 -0000

#217: how fast must the observe clock be able to go?

Comment (by hartke@…):

 Current proposal:

 * Option value between 0 and 2^24^-1 (0–3 bytes)
 * Each value must be larger than previous value modulo 2^24^
 * A value must not be re-used for EXCHANGE_LIFETIME

 This allows for ~ 2^16^ notifications per second with default parameters

-- 
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…                |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-observe@…
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                 |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  observe               |     Version:  observe-05
 Severity:  In WG Last Call       |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/217#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:27:30 -0000

Comment (by hartke@…):

 The text needs to put a limit on how much the sequence number may increase
 per time unit. If the number increases too fast, it may be discarded as
 too old due to wrap-around.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/217#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>