Subject: [core] Available solution for transferring file using CoAP

From: Abhijan Bhattacharyya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:49:28 +0530

Hi,
First of all, apologies if this is not the right forum to ask this question.
I am kind of newbie in web technology and CoAP.
Presently I am trying to build a working demo to transfer a file using CoAP
such that a source client would post the file to some resource in a server
and an observing client would get that file. In this case the file is a
15kB binary file.
What I have done so far is as follows:
* Used the Copper(cu) plugin for Firefox to use it as a web client both as
producer and a consumer.
* Used the off the shelve Californium server as the intermediate server.
* Tried uploading a file using the 'storage' resource of the Californium
server.
* When I uploaded a file using applications/octet-stream as content type I
could see the binary contents of the file being parsed and displayed on the
server screen. The characters are displayed on the client m/c as well.

However, I would like to see the file being transferred to the final
destination as it is just the way we see things happening in case of MIME
attachments. I have seen people doing this kind of work in HTTP using some
APIs provided by Apache web service (or something  like that .. may
be....not sure...I have not done myself).

Now, the question is: can any body please suggest if I can do this kind of
binary file transfer over CoAP using some available software or by calling
some APIs just the way people  do for HTTP web services? Any help is highly
appreciated.

Regards,
Abhijan