Subject: Re: [core] #227: Make aborting the previous transaction optional

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 17:00:19 -0000

#227: Make aborting the previous transaction optional

Changes (by hartke@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 Congestion control limits the number of parallel transactions (typically
 to 1). When the maximum number of parallel transactions has been reached
 and the resource changes its state, then the server MUST NOT start yet
 another transaction, but wait for the running attempts to fail or complete
 first. For the best-effort and eventual-consistency goals, the server also
 SHOULD NOT try to get an outdated representation to the client anyway. So,
 besides the issue raised in ticket #242 and the ongoing congestion control
 work, I think this ticket can be closed.

-- 
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hartke@…              |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-observe@…
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                 |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  observe               |     Version:  observe-05
 Severity:  In WG Last Call       |  Resolution:  wontfix
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/227#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>