Subject: Re: [core] #215: editorial issues around Congestion Control

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 11:05:57 -0000

#215: editorial issues around Congestion Control

Comment (by zach@…):

 IETF Vancouver WG meeting had a productive discussion including transport
 area folks. The result of that discussion was:

 - An optional RTT estimation mechanism will be added, options to be
 further studied. The draft draft-bormann-core-congestion-control-02
 discusses background and options.

 - Without RTT estimation, the protocol runs in lock-step mode (NSTART=1).

 - Additional congestion control changes regarding decaying outstanding
 transactions and multicast response dithering were discussed, changed
 proposed in: draft-bormann-core-congestion-control-02

-- 
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |       Owner:  cabo@…
     Type:  editorial        |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |     Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+--------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/215#comment:3>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:16:50 -0000

Changes (by zach@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 The recommended changes from Section 2 of draft-bormann-core-cocoa-00 have
 now been implemented in coap-12. This limits CoAP to a lock-step mode of
 NSTART=1.

 The optional RTT esimtation mechanism will be a separate specification (as
 it is optional). draft-bormann-core-cocoa-00 suggests some different
 approaches to this mechanism.

-- 
-----------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…           |       Owner:  cabo@…
     Type:  editorial        |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:  post-WGLC-1
Component:  coap             |     Version:  coap-09
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+--------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/215#comment:4>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>