Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 07:27:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-03.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2012-10-19

Abstract:
   CoAP is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained devices.  It is
   anticipated that constrained devices will often naturally operate in
   groups (e.g. in a building automation scenario all lights in a given
   room may need to be switched on/off as a group).  This document
   defines how the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication
   context.  An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is
   detailed for both constrained and un-constrained networks.  Also,
   various use causes and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:32:53 -0400

Hi,

Esko and I posted a new revision of the Group Communication I-D.  The
changes were made to address the open tickets as follows:

   Changes from ietf-02 to ietf-03:

   o  Clarified that a group resource manipulation may return back a
      mixture of successful and unsuccessful responses (section 3.4 and
      Figure 6) (#251).

   o  Clarified that security option for group communication must be
      NoSec mode (section 6) (#250).

   o  Added mechanism for group membership configuration (#249).

   o  Removed IANA request for multicast addresses (section 7) and
      replaced with a note indicating that the request is being made in
      [I-D.ietf-core-coap] (#248).

   o  Made the definition of 'group' more specific to group of CoAP
      endpoints and included text on UDP port selection (#186).

   o  Added explanatory text in section 3.4 regarding why not to use
      group communication for non-idempotent messages (i.e.  CoAP POST)
      (#186).

   o  Changed link-local RD discovery to site-local in RD discovery use
      case to make it more realistic.

   o  Fixed lighting control use case CoAP proxying; now returns
      individual CoAP responses as in coap-12.

   o  Replaced link format I-D with RFC6690 reference.

   o  Various editorial updates for improved readability

Looking forward to discussing with all of you in Atlanta.

/Akbar and Esko

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 10:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core