Subject: [core] Practical CoAP implementations and interoperability

From: Charles Palmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 18:10:39 +0100

Dear colleagues

I note that the new IEEE 802.15.4g PHY and 802.15.4e MAC standards 
introduce multiple new PHY and MAC options, and Google suggests that 
some people are implementing CoAP on top of these. Yet clearly there 
will be no interoperability unless implementers make the same choices.

Is a consensus forming on these matters?

Is there any resource that lists practical CoAP implementations, plus 
the IEEE 802.15.4 PHY and MAC selections of each of these implementations?

What happens at Plugtest events?

(My present interest is examining sub-GHz implementations on the basis 
that this might address range issues observed with ZigBee at 2.4GHz).

-- 
Regards - Charles Palmer
Project Hydra Project Manager - Acute Technology Limited
Woodthorpe, Calver Road, Baslow, Derbyshire, DE45 1RR, United Kingdom
Mob: +44 (0)7977 577 627    Skype: Acutetech
Email: [email-masked] Web: http://projecthydra.info