Subject: [core] #317: Point out OCSP stapling (TLS Certificate Status Request) as a viable way to get cert status info on a constrained node

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:07:38 -0000

#317: Point out OCSP stapling (TLS Certificate Status Request) as a viable way to
get cert status info on a constrained node

 Stephen Farrell notes (msg04285h):

 Section 9.1.3.3

 (9) 9.1.3.3 - you don't mention certificate status checking. I can see why
 that's hard to impossible in some n/w's but entirely ignoring it seems
 wrong. Perhaps call out the vulnerability and point at OCSP stapling as a
 potential solution, but one that requires further work and/or further
 specification?

 Carsten says: Yes, we should point this out (ref RFC 6066 section 8, too).

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]           |     Status:  new
     Type:  editorial    |  Milestone:  post-IESG-1
 Priority:  minor        |    Version:  coap-15
Component:  coap         |   Keywords:
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/317>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:14:10 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 From [1344]:

 Make a proposal for text about certificate status checking; see #317

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:  post-IESG-1
Component:  coap         |     Version:  coap-15
 Severity:  Submitted    |  Resolution:
  WG Document            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/317#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:21:53 -0000

From [1348]:

 Add reference to status_request_v2 (Multiple Certificate Status Extension)
 as per Hannes' comment; see #317.

Ticket URL: </ticket/317#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>