Subject: [core] #307: RFC 2119 usage in 8.2

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:26:25 -0000

#307: RFC 2119 usage in 8.2

 Pete Resnick notes (msg04271g):

 Section 8.2

 8.2: "the server MAY always pretend"? We are getting sillier with our 2119
 usage later in the document. Did you really mean, "the server MAY ignore
 the request"? Isn't that true of any NON request, not just multicast ones?

 Carsten says:

 Yes, but this section is giving a server specific license to discard
 incoming multicast at the slightest discomfort.  We don't want to say the
 same for every NON.  This certainly can be said in a better way

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]           |     Status:  new
     Type:  editorial    |  Milestone:  post-IESG-1
 Priority:  minor        |    Version:  coap-15
Component:  coap         |   Keywords:
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/307>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>