Subject: [core] #304: NON is like separate for CON

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:18:43 -0000

#304: NON is like separate for CON

 Pete Resnick notes (msg04271d):

 Section 2.2

 When the response to a Confirmable request is not piggy-backed, the
 response should itself be Confirmable, since a Confirmable request will
 normally want a guaranteed response.

 Likewise, if a request is sent in a Non-confirmable message, then the
 response is usually sent using a new Non-confirmable message, although the
 server may send a Confirmable message.

 "Likewise" seems wrong here. A Non-confirmable request can *not* get an
 Acknowledgement message, and therefore can *not* get a piggy-backed
 response. Additionally, the response MAY be Confirmable or MAY be Non-
 confirmable, though certainly Non-Confirmable is the more likely case.
 This should probably be reworded.

 Carsten says:

 Likewise -> A similar form of separate response is used...

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]           |     Status:  new
     Type:  editorial    |  Milestone:  post-IESG-1
 Priority:  minor        |    Version:  coap-15
Component:  coap         |   Keywords:
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/304>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 20:02:36 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [1350]:

 Simple fix for #304

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:  post-IESG-1
Component:  coap         |     Version:  coap-15
 Severity:  Submitted    |  Resolution:  fixed
  WG Document            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/304#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>