Subject: [core] #298: Small discrepancy about 2.02 Delete

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:47:39 -0000

#298: Small discrepancy about 2.02 Delete

 Matthias Kovatsch notes (msg04258):

 Section 5.8.2

 There is a small discrepancy in the definition of 2.02 Deleted:

 In 5.8.2. POST it says: "If the POST succeeds and results in the target
 resource being deleted, the response SHOULD have a 2.02 (Deleted) response
 code."

 However, in 5.9.1.2. 2.02 Deleted it says: "Like HTTP 204 "No Content",
 but only used in response to DELETE requests."

 Should this be fixed to "in response to POST and DELETE requests"?

 Carsten says (msg04261):

 Obvious bug.  Clearly, 5.9.1.2 needs to be fixed, because the language in
 5.8.2 is there intentionally (#105, listed in the changes from -04 to
 -05).

 > Should this be fixed to "in response to POST and DELETE requests"?

 That would be the simplest fix.

 Maybe more future proof: "in response to requests that cause the resource
 to cease being available, such as DELETE and in certain circumstances
 POST".

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]           |     Status:  new
     Type:  editorial    |  Milestone:  post-IESG-1
 Priority:  minor        |    Version:  coap-15
Component:  coap         |   Keywords:
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/298>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:47:56 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [1312]:

 Fix #298

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:  post-IESG-1
Component:  coap         |     Version:  coap-15
 Severity:  Submitted    |  Resolution:  fixed
  WG Document            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/298#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>