Subject: [core] #302: Define Cache-key properly

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:12:59 -0000

#302: Define Cache-key properly

 Pete Resnick notes (msg04271b):

 Section 5.4.2

 5.4.2: Cache-Key is undefined, here or in any other document I can find.
 It probably needs an explanation somewhere in this document.

 Carsten says:

 The "cache key" is the informal concept that describes all the data that
 go into selecting the right cache instance, such as the URI, but also
 options such as "Accept". This concept is important to allow proxies (and
 other caches) to handle options they don't understand. We probably should
 describe this in 5.6 and do a foward reference here (there is little point
 in raising this already in 2.3, I think).

 Add at the end of (the introduction to) 5.6: »The set of options that is
 used for matching the cache entry is also collectively referred to as the
 "Cache-Key".«

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]           |     Status:  new
     Type:  editorial    |  Milestone:  post-IESG-1
 Priority:  minor        |    Version:  coap-15
Component:  coap         |   Keywords:
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/302>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:42:49 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [1347]:

 Fix #309, #302; address Ted Lemon's hairy comment

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:  post-IESG-1
Component:  coap         |     Version:  coap-15
 Severity:  Submitted    |  Resolution:  fixed
  WG Document            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/302#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>