Subject: [core] #310: Don't dally beyond MAX_TRANSMIT_SPAN during retransmission

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:38:18 -0000

#310: Don't dally beyond MAX_TRANSMIT_SPAN during retransmission

 Stephen Farrell notes (msg04285b):

 Section 4.2

 (2) 4.2, "when the timeout is triggered" - what happens with sleepy nodes
 that only wake on external events, and where e.g. if 2 timeouts have
 elapsed whilst asleep? Not sure if odd behaviour of that kind could cause
 much harm, but was it considered? This could also affect the definition in
 4.8.2 of MAX_TRANSMIT_SPAN.

 Carsten says:

 The intention is that retransmissions stay in the overall envelope of
 MAX_TRANSMIT_SPAN, even if they are not perfectly spaced. Indeed, this
 could benefit from some additional discussion.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]           |     Status:  new
     Type:  other        |  Milestone:  post-IESG-1
  technical              |    Version:  coap-15
 Priority:  minor        |   Keywords:
Component:  coap         |
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/310>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:33:59 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [1349]:

 Fix #310

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  other        |      Status:  closed
  technical              |   Milestone:  post-IESG-1
 Priority:  minor        |     Version:  coap-15
Component:  coap         |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/310#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>