Subject: [core] #309: URI matching rules may be scheme specific

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:36:21 -0000

#309: URI matching rules may be scheme specific

 Stephen Farrell notes (msg04285a):

 Section 2.3

 (1) 2.3: What if the URI scheme doesn't have a host or port or path or
 query?  Also in 5.6, 2nd bullet in list: Just to note that if you were
 using ni URIs with CoAP, then you no longer need to insist on exactly the
 same URI (e.g. the authority part needn't matter with ni URIs, the alg-val
 part is what counts). That might be true of other schemes too, so perhaps
 this statment is scheme specific to some extent?

 Carsten says:

 That is a very good point.  I think what happens here is that some schemes
 such as the ni scheme open a way of matching that is specific to that
 scheme and not available in the default case.  We should add a statement
 to this effect to the definition of "Cache-Key" that needs to be added at
 the end of this section.

 Add at the end of (the introduction to) 5.6: »The set of options that is
 used for matching the cache entry is also collectively referred to as the
 "Cache-Key".  For URI schemes other than coap and coaps, matching of those
 options that constitute the request URI may be performed under rules
 specific to the URI scheme.«

 (This covers #302)

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]           |     Status:  new
     Type:  other        |  Milestone:  post-IESG-1
  technical              |    Version:  coap-15
 Priority:  minor        |   Keywords:
Component:  coap         |
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/309>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:42:49 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [1347]:

 Fix #309, #302; address Ted Lemon's hairy comment

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  other        |      Status:  closed
  technical              |   Milestone:  post-IESG-1
 Priority:  minor        |     Version:  coap-15
Component:  coap         |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/309#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>