Subject: [core] #316: MUST apply RFC 5280 section 6 as appropriate

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:06:53 -0000

#316: MUST apply RFC 5280 section 6 as appropriate

 Stephen Farrell notes (msg04285g):

 Section 9.1.3.3

 (8) 9.1.3.3 - "signed by an appropriate chain of trust" is an odd phrase -
 do you mean it MUST be validated as per RFC 5280 section 6? If so, say so.
 If not, say what you do mean. (But we might need to talk about it in that
 case, depending;-)

 Carsten says:

 We probably should say: The certificate MUST be validated as appropriate
 for the security requirements, using functionality equivalent to the
 algorithm specified in RFC5280 Section 6.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]           |     Status:  new
     Type:  other        |  Milestone:  post-IESG-1
  technical              |    Version:  coap-15
 Priority:  major        |   Keywords:
Component:  coap         |
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/316>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:33:29 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [1343]:

 Close #316

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  other        |      Status:  closed
  technical              |   Milestone:  post-IESG-1
 Priority:  major        |     Version:  coap-15
Component:  coap         |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  Submitted    |
  WG Document            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/316#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>