Subject: [core] FW: New Version Notification for draft-fossati-core-publish-option-03.txt

From: "FOSSATI, Thomas (Thomas)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 17:02:24 +0000

Hi all,

we’ve just updated the Publish I-D:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fossati-core-publish-option-03

>Abstract:
>   This memo defines the Publish Option for the Constrained Application
>   Protocol (CoAP).  The Publish Option is used by a CoAP Endpoint to
>   control the authority delegation of one of its resources to another
>   Endpoint.  All the phases of the authority delegation process (setup,
>   renewal, cancellation) are controlled by a simple RESTful protocol.
>
>   This memo also introduces the 'proxies' Web Linking relation type, to
>   be used by a CoAP Proxy to explicitly advertise the resources that it
>   can serve - either from its cache, or by forwarding the Client's
>   request upstream.
>
>   The Publish Option and the 'proxies' relation provide the building
>   blocks for a comprehensive, in-protocol, solution to the sleepy/
>   intermittent Endpoint use case.

The -02 has received substantial review from Akbar & Esko (thanks!)
resulting in a number of changes:
  - moved ETag generation responsibility from SEP to Proxy;
  - removed POST from the method mask (it has resource specific semantics
    and can't be safely delegated);
  - added an appendix with a comprehensive example of the life-cycle of a
    SEP which publishes resources, and then either monitors or sets their
    values;
  - various edits to improve readability.

Now that the basic mechanisms are set, the target for -04 (which is due
before London) is to finalise the discovery sections (i.e. link-format &
RD).

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks