Subject: [core] #363: Remove CoAP scheme in default HTTP-CoAP URI mapping

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 15:35:02 -0000

#363: Remove CoAP scheme in default HTTP-CoAP URI mapping

 As discussed during IETF88 CoRE meeting;
 The CoAP scheme could be removed in the default URI mapping. E.g. instead
 of:

  http://p.example.com/hc/coap://s.coap.example.com:4567/foo/bar?a=3

 we would have:

  http://p.example.com/hc/s.coap.example.com:4567/foo/bar?a=3

 This implies we need to choose how the HC proxy decides between
 coap/coaps:

 1) HC proxy makes the choice between coap/coaps - may be pre-configured
 2) HC proxy exposes different HTTP-discoverable resources e.g. /hc for
 coap:// and /hcs for coaps://
 3) HC proxy uses coap:// if HTTP client uses http:// , and uses coaps://
 if HTTP client uses https://
 4) let implementers decide - outside scope of HTTP-mapping I-D
 5) some combination of above, e.g. a proxy uses option #3 for its resource
 /hc and uses option #2 for its resource /hcs

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  enhancement            |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  http-        |   Keywords:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/363>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 07:39:18 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done in [1571]. Option 2) has been selected: HC proxy exposes different
 HTTP-discoverable resources e.g. /hc for coap:// and /hcs for coaps://

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  closed
  enhancement            |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  http-        |  Resolution:  fixed
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/363#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>