Subject: [core] #366: Mapping of Link Format payloads to be valid in HTTP domain

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:59:03 -0000

#366: Mapping of Link Format payloads to be valid in HTTP domain

 As discussed in the IETF88 CoRE meeting (Thomas Fossati);

 If a HTTP client retrieves a CoRE Link Format document via an HC proxy,
 the relative URI references may not be valid anymore.

 Example HTTP request to HC proxy:
  GET http://hcproxy.example.com/hc/coap://mysensor.example.com/.well-
 known/core

 Example Link Format resource /.well-known/core retrieved by the HC proxy:
  </sensors/temp>;rt="temperature-c";if="sensor"

 which indicates a relative path on the CoAP server. While, to be fully
 correct, it should perhaps read:
  <coap://mysensor.example.com/sensors/temp>;rt="temperature-c";if="sensor"

 That means the HC Proxy would need to modify the payload before returning
 it to the HTTP client. See for background:
 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6690#section-2.2

 Is this desirable? Or should the HC proxy not change any payloads
 retrieved.
 Are there other content formats that need to be adapted in a similar way?

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  enhancement            |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  http-        |   Keywords:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/366>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>