Subject: [core] #364: Add discovery of HTTP-CoAP mapping resource(s)

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 15:46:17 -0000

#364: Add discovery of HTTP-CoAP mapping resource(s)

 As discussed during the IETF88 CoRE meeting;
 Discovery of the mapping resource/resources on a HC proxy may be useful.
 This avoids a 'hardcoded'/static mapping URI on the proxy which tends
 towards URI namespace squatting.

 The Link Format string for a mapping resource could include a URI template
 description of how the CoAP URI should be formed. The /.well-known/core
 Link Format description would be exposed as HTTP resource by the HC proxy.
 (And optionally as CoAP resource, too) Multiple resources could also be
 defined e.g. for different mapping formats, or to select coap scheme
 between coap:// and coaps:// .

 However, the question remains whether the HTTP client can be expected to
 parse CoRE Link Format, or not. Not all HTTP clients that need to use the
 HC proxy may be able to do this.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  enhancement            |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  http-        |   Keywords:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/364>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>