Subject: [core] 🔔 draft-ietf-core-coap-18 now RFC 7252

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 10:28:47 +0200

As you have seen:
RFC7252 has been published, formerly known as draft-ietf-core-coap-18:

        http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7252

This is the second RFC of the CoRE WG, and its most substantial one.
It was approved on 2013-07-11, but took a year to get an RFC number
because of its normative reference on two rather slowly emerging
security specifications, RFC 7250 and RFC 7251.

I would like to thank everyone who helped make this finally happen.
In particular Barry Leiba, our responsible AD, and the security ADs
who eventually managed to push the dependencies forward against
various attempts to hijack them for foreign purposes: Sean Turner and
then Stephen Farrell.

To celebrate the occasion, and to provide a focus for information
about the community that is building around CoAP, we have set up a web
site.  Before it finds a more permanent home, please find the draft
site at:

        http://6lowapp.net

If you have anything that should be mentioned on that site, or any
other comment, please don't hesitate to send me mail or open an issue
on the site.

Grüße, Carsten