Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-19.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:48:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
        Authors         : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-19.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2014-06-17

Abstract:
   CoAP is a specialized web transfer protocol for constrained devices
   and constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-19

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-19

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:53:48 -0400

Hi Carsten/Andrew,

As per our off line discussions, Esko and I have updated the I-D with
the remaining required clarifications.  Hopefully it is now in good
enough shape for you to submit to IESG.  Please tell us if you have any
other comments.

===================================
   Changes from ietf-18 to ietf-19:

   o  Added guideline on Token value re-use in section 2.5.

   o  Updated section 5.1 (Security Configuration) and 5.3.3 (Future
      Security Evolution) to point to latest security developments
      happening in DICE WG for support of group security.

   o  Added Pervasive Monitoring considerations in section 5.4.

   o  Various editorial updates for improved readability.

====================================

Best Regards,

Akbar & Esko

-----Original Message-----
From: core [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-19.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core