Subject: [core] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-06.txt

From: Abhijan Bhattacharyya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:08:39 +0530

Dear all,
A new version of the No-Response draft has been uploaded. The major 
updates are:
* A new subsection is created (Section 5.2) to discuss the considerations 
required for token reuse covering the discussion in the mailing list.
* Possible use of No-Response with GET requests for cancellation of 
observe has been explicitly mentioned.
* The user story description in Section 3 has been modified to include 
example of multicast actuation request.
* Some editorial changes have been carried out to make the document more 
precise and comprehensive.

Please share your feedback and also your opinion on inclusion of the 
feature considering the current state of the draft . 

Looking forward to see you all in Toronto. 

Regards
Abhijan Bhattacharyya
Associate Consultant
Scientist, Innovation Lab, Kolkata, India
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: [email-masked]
Website: http://www.tcs.com
____________________________________________
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Consulting
____________________________________________
----- Forwarded by Abhijan Bhattacharyya/KOL/TCS on 06/20/2014 02:51 PM 
-----

From:   [email-masked]
To:     Soma Bandyopadhyay <[email-masked]>, "Abhijan 
Bhattacharyya" <[email-masked]>, "Arpan Pal" 
<[email-masked]>, Arpan Pal <[email-masked]>, "Soma Bandyopadhyay" 
<[email-masked]>, Abhijan Bhattacharyya 
<[email-masked]>
Date:   06/20/2014 02:46 PM
Subject:        New Version Notification for 
draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-06.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Abhijan Bhattacharyya and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:                            draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option
Revision:                06
Title:                           CoAP option for no server-response
Document date:           2014-06-19
Group:                           Individual Submission
Pages:                           18
URL:            
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-06.txt

Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option/
Htmlized:       
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-06
Diff:           
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-06

Abstract:
   There can be typical M2M scenarios where responses from the data
   sink to the data source against request from the source might be
   considered redundant. This kind of open-loop exchange (with no
   reverse path from the sink to the source) may be desired while
   updating resources in constrained systems looking for maximized
   throughput with minimized resource consumption. CoAP already
   provides a non-confirmable (NON) mode of exchange where The
   receiving end-point does not respond with ACK. However, the
   receiving end-point responds the sender with a status code
   indicating "the result of the attempt to understand and satisfy the
   request".

   This draft introduces a header option: 'No-Response' to suppress
   responses from the receiver and discusses exemplary use cases which
   motivated this proposition based on real experience. This option
   also provides granularity by allowing suppression of a typical class
   or a combination of classes of responses. This option may be
   effective for both unicast and multicast scenarios.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

=====-----=====-----=====
Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it may contain 
confidential or privileged information. If you are 
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, 
review, distribution, printing or copying of the 
information contained in this e-mail message 
and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If 
you have received this communication in error, 
please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and 
immediately and permanently delete the message 
and any attachments. Thank you