Subject: [core] RFC 7252 on The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 17:16:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7252

        Title:      The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) 
        Author:     Z. Shelby, K. Hartke, C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      112
        Characters: 258789
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-coap-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7252.txt

The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is a specialized web
transfer protocol for use with constrained nodes and constrained
(e.g., low-power, lossy) networks.  The nodes often have 8-bit
microcontrollers with small amounts of ROM and RAM, while constrained
networks such as IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks
(6LoWPANs) often have high packet error rates and a typical
throughput of 10s of kbit/s.  The protocol is designed for machine-
to-machine (M2M) applications such as smart energy and building
automation.

CoAP provides a request/response interaction model between
application endpoints, supports built-in discovery of services and
resources, and includes key concepts of the Web such as URIs and
Internet media types.  CoAP is designed to easily interface with HTTP
for integration with the Web while meeting specialized requirements
such as multicast support, very low overhead, and simplicity for
constrained environments.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Likepeng <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 02:09:04 +0000

Good news!

Congratulations!

Kind Regards
Kepeng

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: core [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 [email-masked]
发送时间: 2014年6月27日 8:16
收件人: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
抄送: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
主题: [core] RFC 7252 on The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)

        RFC 7252

The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is a specialized web transfer protocol for use with constrained nodes and constrained (e.g., low-power, lossy) networks.  The nodes often have 8-bit microcontrollers with small amounts of ROM and RAM, while constrained networks such as IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks
(6LoWPANs) often have high packet error rates and a typical throughput of 10s of kbit/s.  The protocol is designed for machine- to-machine (M2M) applications such as smart energy and building automation.

CoAP provides a request/response interaction model between application endpoints, supports built-in discovery of services and resources, and includes key concepts of the Web such as URIs and Internet media types.  CoAP is designed to easily interface with HTTP for integration with the Web while meeting specialized requirements such as multicast support, very low overhead, and simplicity for constrained environments.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core