Subject: [core] Issue Tracking of Working Group Items

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:48:11 +0200

Hi all,

at the last IETF meeting we talked about the open issues with the
working group items and identified various issues that need to be
tackled with high priority.

The document editors wanted to add the open issues to the WG tracker.

I have just looked at the tracker at
https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/report/1 and, unfortunately,
nobody has added any issues.

If we indeed want to complete many of the WG items by the Berlin IETF
meeting then we should at least add the open issues to the tracker
before we can resolve them one-by-one.

It is not even clear to me who is in charge (editor) for each of the WG
documents.

If there isn't even enough energy by the authors to identify the open
issues and to add them to the tracker then the group is in trouble and
IMHO should definitely not adopt new WG documents.

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 14:45:18 +0200

Hi Hannes,

after an IETF it typically takes a while for people to come back up to
speed, because of significant travel times, combined with a backlog of
non-IETF issues waiting at home.  Not all contributors are full time
IETFers.

That said, I do indeed request the respective authors to act on
trackerizing the issues by the end of this week.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 14:49:33 +0200

Willst Du die Entscheidung zu #396 eintragen oder soll ich das tun?
(#397 wird da auch gleich erledigt, aber das haken wir dann am besten
mit -02 ab.)

Grüße, Carsten

Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> core mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 12:56:12 +0000

Hi Carsten/Hannes,

For the HTTP-CoAP draft we did send an email shortly after the meeting asking the WG list to confirm our decision at the meeting:

https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/msg07035.html

So I think no tracker ticket is required for this (though we could add one if you think it necessary).

/Akbar

-----Original Message-----
From: core [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Carsten Bormann
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:45 AM
To: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [core] Issue Tracking of Working Group Items

Hi Hannes,

after an IETF it typically takes a while for people to come back up to speed, because of significant travel times, combined with a backlog of non-IETF issues waiting at home.  Not all contributors are full time IETFers.

That said, I do indeed request the respective authors to act on trackerizing the issues by the end of this week.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 17:37:38 +0200

Thanks, Akbar.

I prefer to have issues added to make sure we know where we are with our
work.

Btw, are you the editor of the HTTP-CoAP document? It seems to me that
you are at least the most active person on it (whereas some of your
co-authors have disappeared from the scene already).

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 15:00:17 +0000

Hi Hannes,

>I prefer to have issues added to make sure we know where we are with our work.

Okay.  We will add it to the tracker shortly.

>Btw, are you the editor of the HTTP-CoAP document? It seems to me that you are at least the most active person on it (whereas some of your co-authors have disappeared from the scene already).

No, we never assigned a formal Editor for the document.  Maybe I may be the most vocal person (occasionally) but most of the other authors are definitely still active in CORE one way or another if you search the Email archives, or check the draft author names of the current list of active drafts, or check the physical attendee list at the F2F meetings.

Best Regards,

Akbar

-----Original Message-----
From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:38 AM
To: Rahman, Akbar <[email-masked]>; Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [core] Issue Tracking of Working Group Items

Thanks, Akbar.

I prefer to have issues added to make sure we know where we are with our work.

Btw, are you the editor of the HTTP-CoAP document? It seems to me that you are at least the most active person on it (whereas some of your co-authors have disappeared from the scene already).

Ciao
Hannes