Subject: [core] #405 (resource-directory): A link attribute cannot restrict the link-format syntax

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 15:59:52 -0000

#405: A link attribute cannot restrict the link-format syntax

 {{{
       link-extension    = ( "ins" "=" quoted-string ) ; Max 63 bytes
 }}}

 appears to restrict "ins" values to be represented as quoted strings.
 However, RFC 5988 and RFC 6690 define that a link-extension attribute can
 be represented without quoted strings, as long as it conforms to the
 `ptoken` production:

 {{{
   link-extension = ( parmname [ "=" ( ptoken | quoted-string ) ] )
 }}}

 Fix:

 {{{
       link-extension    = ( "ins" "=" (ptoken | quoted-string) ) ; Max 63
 bytes
 }}}

 (Note that a similar consideration applies to "exp"; however, only the
 valueless case is allowed in resource-directory.)

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-resource-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  defect                 |  Milestone:
 Priority:  minor        |    Version:
Component:  resource-    |   Keywords:
  directory              |
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/405>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>