Subject: [core] #397 (coap-tcp-tls): CON usage with CoAP over TCP

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 01:46:34 -0000

#397: CON usage with CoAP over TCP

 In http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/core/current/msg06988.html Timothy
 wrote:

 ----------------------------------------------------------

 In section 4 Message Format says:

 The ’Message Length’ field is a 16-bit unsigned integer in network byte
 order. It provides the length of the subsequent CoAP message (including
 the CoAP header but excluding this message length field) in bytes (so its
 minimum value is 2). The Message ID and message type are meaningless and
 thus elided (what would have been the message type field is always filled
 with what would be the code for NON (01)).

 What would happen if an Application where to place a CON in the message
 type field. Based on my reading of this text I would expect the message
 type from the  application to be ignored and the transport to put in a NON
 message. Is that correct?

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol defect          |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  coap-tcp-tls             |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/397>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "weigengyu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 13:37:28 +0800

Hi,

The same situation is when a CON message goes through a C2C proxy.
If that C2C proxy has one port with CoAP over UDP and one port with CoAP 
over TCP,
the COM MSG should be converted to NON MSG by the current draft.

Regards,

Gengyu WEI
Network Technology Center
School of Computer
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
-----原始邮件----- 
From: core issue tracker
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2016 9:46 AM
To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] #397 (coap-tcp-tls): CON usage with CoAP over TCP

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 18:41:39 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Resolved in draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-02

 The bits that could be set to an invalid value are now no longer sent.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol defect          |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  coap-tcp-tls             |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/397#comment:1>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>