Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 11:39:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments of the IETF.

        Title           : A TCP and TLS Transport for the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Simon Lemay
                          Valik Solorzano Barboza
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2016-04-21

Abstract:
   The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) was designed with TCP as the
   underlying transport protocol.  The Constrained Application Protocol
   (CoAP), while inspired by HTTP, has been defined to make use of UDP
   instead of TCP.  Therefore, reliable delivery and a simple congestion
   control and flow control mechanism are provided by the message layer
   of the CoAP protocol.

   A number of environments benefit from the use of CoAP directly over a
   reliable byte stream such as TCP, which already provides these
   services.  This document defines the use of CoAP over TCP as well as
   CoAP over TLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 20:45:49 +0200

This version reflects the consensus we had on moving to variant L3,
closing ticket #396.  As a side effect, #397 is now moot and has been
closed as well.

Next, we should be focusing on what kinds of signaling we need and how
to express it.  (There is also #387, where we still need to make a
decision.)

Grüße, Carsten

[email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> core mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core
>