Subject: Re: [core] #396 (coap-tcp-tls): L1 vs. L3 Encoding Approach

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 15:42:01 -0000

#396: L1 vs. L3 Encoding Approach

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Based on the discussion at IETF#90, which was subsequently confirmed on
 the mailing list -- see https://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/core/current/msg07025.html, we will change our approach for
 length encoding from a fixed 16-bit length encoding to a variable 8/16/32
 bit encoding instead (called alternative L3 in earlier draft versions).

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  other technical          |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  coap-tcp-tls             |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/396#comment:1>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 18:40:33 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Resolved in draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-02

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  other technical          |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  coap-tcp-tls             |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/396#comment:2>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>