Subject: [core] #412 (resource-directory): Simple Directory Discovery text

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 15:16:18 -0000

#412: Simple Directory Discovery text

 The current text is misleading:

    Not all endpoints hosting resources are expected to know how to
    implement the Resource Directory Function Set (see Section 5) and
    thus explicitly register with a Resource Directory

 This means they explicitly register with a RD because they do not
 understand the Function Set... Proposal:

    Not all endpoints hosting resources are expected to know how to
    implement the Resource Directory Function Set (see Section 5),
    and hence cannot register with a Resource Directory.

 I also thought we wanted to get rid of the Function Set mechanics
 altogether?

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-resource-
  [email-masked]   |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  resource-    |    Version:
  directory              |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/412>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:53:27 +0200

Hi Matthias,

Agree, and changed the text accordingly.

Peter

>  I also thought we wanted to get rid of the Function Set mechanics

My guess: Future improvements.