Subject: Re: [core] #400 (coap-tcp-tls): Give better guidance on message sizes for CoAP over TCP/TLS

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 12:09:11 -0000

#400: Give better guidance on message sizes for CoAP over TCP/TLS

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 This would be covered by the Max-Message-Size option in draft-bormann-
 core-sig-01.txt

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  other        |      Status:  new
  technical              |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  coap-tcp-    |  Resolution:
  tls                    |
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/400#comment:2>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 12:16:15 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 The text should clearly explain that people will create two incompatible
 CoAP worlds when they get comfortable with large message sizes for CoAP-
 over-TCP, just because they can.

 A requirement should be that there can exist a simply proxy that
 translates between CoAP-over-TCP/TLS and CoAP-over-UDP/DTLS without any
 interoperability issues between constrained CoAP nodes and the powerful
 CoAP-over-TCP nodes.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/400#comment:3>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 20:11:31 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 '''Moved to https://github.com/core-wg/coap-sig/issues/4'''

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  other        |      Status:  closed
  technical              |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  coap-tcp-    |  Resolution:  fixed
  tls                    |
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/400#comment:4>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>