Subject: Re: [core] #389 (coap-tcp-tls): Version negotiation

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 12:23:18 -0000

#389: Version negotiation

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 We already solved this: CoAP over TCP now does not indicate a version
 number with each message.

 (If we need to introduce new versions of the wire format, we could do this
 with a new ALPN and/or with Signaling Messages such as the Capabilities
 and Settings Message.)

 (We could, however, discuss this for CoAP over UDP, but so far nobody has
 seen a need.)

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  closed
  defect                 |   Milestone:
 Priority:  minor        |     Version:
Component:  coap-tcp-    |  Resolution:  invalid
  tls                    |
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/389#comment:2>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>