Subject: Re: [core] #388 (coap-tcp-tls): Multiple versions over the same connection

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 12:16:29 -0000

#388: Multiple versions over the same connection

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 This would be covered by the Capabilities and Settings Message in draft-
 bormann-core-sig-01.txt

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  new
  defect                 |   Milestone:
 Priority:  minor        |     Version:
Component:  coap-tcp-    |  Resolution:
  tls                    |
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/388#comment:2>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 12:40:30 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Multiple versions over the same connection sounds like a disaster. I
 cannot imagine a sinle valid use case that would not be cleaner with
 multiple connections.

 -1 or rather +1 for not allowing this and closing the issue

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/388#comment:3>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 13:28:01 -0000

I am confused if this is now about "Multiple versions over the same
 connection" or a version negotiation in the beginning. For the latter,
 ALNP should help or we do thi upgrade dance in the setup messages.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/388#comment:4>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 20:01:17 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  closed
  defect                 |   Milestone:
 Priority:  minor        |     Version:
Component:  coap-tcp-    |  Resolution:  fixed
  tls                    |
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/388#comment:5>
core <https://tools.ietf.org/core/>