Subject: [core] CoRE @ IETF96: summary

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 12:17:56 +0200

While the minutes are being prepared, here is a summary of the results
of the CoRE meetings at IETF96.  (Please send any corrections needed
to the chairs or to the list; we will prefix this summary to the
minutes.)

Jaime and Carsten

# Tuesday 2016-07-19

* draft-ietf-core-block-21.txt is in the RFC editor queue.

* draft-ietf-core-etch–01: WGLC is completed, issues discussed. To be
  determined: 4.12 vs. 4.09.  When that is settled, updated version to
  be submitted to IESG.

* draft-ietf-core-links-json–06 is in the middle of WGLC (till
  2016-07-30) and was briefly discussed.  There are some claims in the
  document that it considers a larger world of JSON-LD etc.; the
  intention however is to be a simple RFC 6690 mapping and those
  claims will be cut down.

* draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls–03: The merge of TCP/TLS, Websockets,
  Signaling, and BERT was completed in this version.  Several issues
  discussed.  In particular, there was in-room consensus to follow the
  lead of RFC 7252 and make the use of TLS mandatory to implement.

* with the larger number of transport schemes now available,
  draft-silverajan-core-coap-protocol-negotiation-03 was discussed.
  There is good interest in this ongoing work, some of which is also
  related to other ongoing work in T2TRG.

* draft-ietf-core-resource-directory–08 is nearing WGLC; reviewers
  have been identified.

* Brief introductions were made for
  draft-gomez-core-tcp-constrained-node-networks–00,
  draft-groves-coap-webrtcdc–00,
  draft-zheng-core-coap-lantency-evaluation–00.

* For draft-bormann-core-cocoa-04, there was in-room consensus for
  working-group adoption; to be confirmed on the list.

# Thursday 2016-07-21

* draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-13 took some minor fixes and has been
  submitted to IESG on 2016-07-22.

* For the core-interfaces draft, the split was confirmed into
  draft-ietf-core-interfaces–05 and draft-groves-core-dynlink–00 (plus
  some material that was removed and maybe can be picked up by T2TRG);
  as not enough people had read the split-off draft-groves, we will
  take the otherwise obvious adoption to the list.

* draft-ietf-core-yang-cbor–02: target is to do some additional
  validation with the NetMod experts and check again by end of
  September. There are a couple of implementations ongoing.

* draft-somaraju-core-sid–01. One suggestion wsas to use a OID
  subtree. Too few people had read the newest version for room
  consensus on working-group adoption, but noone against; to be taken
  to the list.

* draft-veillette-core-cool & draft-vanderstok-comi: around 6 people
  read the draft, agreement on splitting out the more advanced
  features so a basic specification can be completed by the end of the
  year. Work ongoing on mapping YANG and LWM2M/IPSO objects. Some
  concerns about the diagnostic value of SIDs in debugging and
  possible problems with YANG "choice", work needs to continue.

* draft-hartke-core-e2e-security-reqs–01: good rewrite; further
  requirements are being identified, discussion to be taken to the
  mailing list.

* draft-selander-ace-object-security–05: room consensus to adopt as WG
  item, to be confirmed on the mailing list.

* draft-ietf-core-senml–02: good ongoing discussion that should be
  completed on the mailing list.

* draft-koster-core-coap-pubsub–05: brokerless pubsub has been added.
  Take adoption to mailing list but clear room consensus already (~10
  people), reviewers identified.