Subject: [core] CoCoA and Aggregate Congestion Control [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-bormann-core-cocoa-04.txt]

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 18:14:23 +0200

Dear CoRE WG list members,

We submitted revision -04 of draft-bormann-core-cocoa, as you can see below.

On Thursday next week, in Berlin, we will present the latest draft updates
and results, and will ask for WG adoption of the draft. As the meeting
agenda is quite compressed, we would like to achieve some progress already
on the list, in particular, regarding Aggregate Congestion Control (ACC).

ACC is currently included in the CoCoA draft as an appendix. While CoCoA
is intended to be generally applicable, ACC is more interesting on the
cloud side, where a single CoAP endpoint may need to talk to thousands of
other endpoints and may need to control the burstiness of the resulting
aggregate traffic.

We would like to ask the WG opinion about which is the best place for ACC:

- Is ACC a feature that you would like to see in this draft?

- Should ACC be pushed to a new draft?

Your comments will be very helpful to make a decision in this regard.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Carles

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-bormann-core-cocoa-04.txt
From:    [email-masked]
Date:    Fri, July 8, 2016 9:08 pm
To:      "August Betzler" <[email-masked]>
         "Carsten Bormann" <[email-masked]>
         "Carles Gomez" <[email-masked]>
         "Dr. Carsten Bormann" <[email-masked]>
         "Ilker Demirkol" <[email-masked]>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-bormann-core-cocoa-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Carsten Bormann and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-bormann-core-cocoa
Revision:	04
Title:		CoAP Simple Congestion Control/Advanced
Document date:	2016-07-08
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		14
URL:           
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bormann-core-cocoa-04.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-core-cocoa/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-core-cocoa-04
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-core-cocoa-04

Abstract:
   The CoAP protocol needs to be implemented in such a way that it does
   not cause persistent congestion on the network it uses.  The CoRE
   CoAP specification defines basic behavior that exhibits low risk of
   congestion with minimal implementation requirements.  It also leaves
   room for combining the base specification with advanced congestion
   control mechanisms with higher performance.

   This specification defines some simple advanced CoRE Congestion
   Control mechanisms, Simple CoCoA.  It is making use of input from
   simulations and experiments in real networks.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat