Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 12:49:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments of the IETF.

        Title           : CoAP (Constrained Application Protocol) over TCP, TLS, and WebSockets
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Simon Lemay
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Klaus Hartke
                          Bilhanan Silverajan
                          Brian Raymor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-06.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2017-02-14

Abstract:
   The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP), although inspired by
   HTTP, was designed to use UDP instead of TCP.  The message layer of
   the CoAP over UDP protocol includes support for reliable delivery,
   simple congestion control, and flow control.

   Some environments benefit from the availability of CoAP carried over
   reliable transports such as TCP or TLS.  This document outlines the
   changes required to use CoAP over TCP, TLS, and WebSockets
   transports.  It also formally updates [RFC7641] for use with these
   transports.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/