Subject: [core] Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-07.txt> (CoAP (Constrained Application Protocol) over TCP, TLS, and WebSockets) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 09:19:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments
WG (core) to consider the following document:
- 'CoAP (Constrained Application Protocol) over TCP, TLS, and
WebSockets'
  <draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-04-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP), although inspired by
   HTTP, was designed to use UDP instead of TCP.  The message layer of
   the CoAP over UDP protocol includes support for reliable delivery,
   simple congestion control, and flow control.

   Some environments benefit from the availability of CoAP carried over
   reliable transports such as TCP or TLS.  This document outlines the
   changes required to use CoAP over TCP, TLS, and WebSockets
   transports.  It also formally updates [RFC7641] for use with these
   transports.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.