Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-cocoa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 13:21:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments of the IETF.

        Title           : CoAP Simple Congestion Control/Advanced
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          August Betzler
                          Carles Gomez
                          Ilker Demirkol
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-cocoa-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   The CoAP protocol needs to be implemented in such a way that it does
   not cause persistent congestion on the network it uses.  The CoRE
   CoAP specification defines basic behavior that exhibits low risk of
   congestion with minimal implementation requirements.  It also leaves
   room for combining the base specification with advanced congestion
   control mechanisms with higher performance.

   This specification defines some simple advanced CoRE Congestion
   Control mechanisms, Simple CoCoA.  It is making use of input from
   simulations and experiments in real networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-cocoa/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-cocoa-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-cocoa-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:30:01 +0100

The authors believe that -01 (possibly minus the Appendix A, which still needs to be factored out into a separate document) is now ready for WGLC (which should be casting a wide net, including ICCRG and possibly groups such as tcpm).

The update to -01 mostly contains a new appendix with supporting evidence.
The WG can use the evidence provided in making its decision.
Whether that appendix should then be part of the published RFC is something to be decided as well.

Other changes have been prompted by the upgrade of RFC 5405 to RFC 8085.

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-cocoa-01

Grüße, Carsten