Subject: [core] Directing responses to a broker

From: Benjamin Damm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 23:11:19 +0000

Core,

We have a scenario where we want to support CoAP Observes and we also want to optionally flag that responses should not come back to the initiator, but rather go to a broker instead. Have there been any proposals for an extension to indicate this?

Thanks,
-Ben

---

From: Christian Amsüss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 01:42:25 +0200

Hello Ben,

On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 11:11:19PM +0000, Benjamin Damm wrote:
> We have a scenario where we want to support CoAP Observes and we also
> want to optionally flag that responses should not come back to the
> initiator, but rather go to a broker instead. Have there been any
> proposals for an extension to indicate this?

This sounds a lot like what Zhen Cao has suggested in
[delegated-observe].

I think such a setup -- if you indeed think what Zhen wrote -- is too
brittle to be practical, and [suggested] alternatives I'd consider more
reliable. The discussion on delegated-observe became quiet, but please
have a look and let's continue it.

Best regards
Christian

[delegated-observe]: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cao-core-delegated-observe-00
[suggested]: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/core/sSRxmiXgfHrnDbrKRyvnQ5QIJCo

-- 
Christian Amsüss                      | Energy Harvesting Solutions GmbH
founder, system architect             | headquarter:
mailto:[email-masked]  | Arbeitergasse 15, A-4400 Steyr
tel:+43-664-97-90-6-39                | http://www.energyharvesting.at/
                                      | ATU68476614