Subject: [core] More questions on resource directory

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 15:06:13 -0700

With the normal directory queries, if the external  representation is 

</sensors/temp>;if="sensor",
 </sensors/light>;if="sensor"

Then a query of ?href="/sensors" would return all of the items.  On the
other hand if the external representation is

</temp>;if="sensor";anchor="/sensors",
< /light>;if="sensor";anchor="/sensors"

The same query would return nothing.

This behavior is leading me to some questions on how the context field
should be processed or ignored when doing filtering as part of the RD code.

Suppose you publish

Context="coap://example.org/sensors"

</temp>;if="sensor",
< /light>;if="sensor"

** Should a get with ?href="/sensors" against the path returned from the
post return any of the entries or should it find zero entries?  (Section
5.4.3 Read Endpoint links)

** Does the answer change if I do the query against the full resource
directory rather than a single subset of the RD? (Section 7)

Given that a response to a section 7 query would return

< coap://example.org/sensors/temp>;if="sensor",
< coap://example.org/sensors /light>;if="sensor"

** Should a query with ?href="/temp" return a response with one element - or
is the full context string needed for this type of query?  (i.e.
?href="coap://example.org/sensors*")

** I have already asked one question about anchors in the prior message, but
normalization for a response seems to be a problem here.

Jim