Subject: [core] Resource Directory - Group Processing

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 11:09:18 -0700

I am going through the group processing and I have the following issues:

1.  There are no methods defined for modifying the contents of a group.
There is only a method for replacing the contents entirely.  Is this
intentional?

2.  The description of the context parameter looks to be a cut and paste
that you did not review.  If the parameter is absent, I do not believe that
it makes sense to try and infer a context.  My assumption is that a context
is only going to supplied in the event that a multicast address is
associated with the group.

3.  Similar to the request for a GET on the resource directory to get the
list of resource registries, I believe that you should have a GET on the
group directory to get the list of group registries.

Jim

---

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 11:34:21 +0200

Hi Jim,

see below.

> There is only a method for replacing the contents entirely.  Is this

In the beginning, yes.
You suggest to specify a PATCH?

> associated with the group.

I concur with you.
Suggestion to remove con parameter from gp interface.

> group directory to get the list of group registries.

As suggested in your earlier e-mails to do a GET on the registrations, 
and add the gp option?
> Jim

Cheerio,

Peter

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 15:21:00 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: peter van der Stok [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 2:34 AM
> To: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Resource Directory - Group Processing
> 
> Hi Jim,
> 
> see below.
> 

I am not suggesting anything.  I am just trying to verify that what is
specified is what you want.  I think that it might be nice to be able to do
an "add" of an item without replacing the entire set and potentially ending
up at a different returned location-path which means anybody who has
memorized it is messed up.

> 
> >
> > 2.  The description of the context parameter looks to be a cut and
> > paste that you did not review.  If the parameter is absent, I do not
> > believe that it makes sense to try and infer a context.  My assumption
> > is that a context is only going to supplied in the event that a
> > multicast address is associated with the group.
> 
> I concur with you.
> > 3.  Similar to the request for a GET on the resource directory to get
> > the list of resource registries, I believe that you should have a GET
> > on the group directory to get the list of group registries.
> 
> As suggested in your earlier e-mails to do a GET on the registrations, and
add
> the gp option?

Not a gp option, but a gp attribute so the return would be

<group-lookup/0001>;gp="group1"

Jim