Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-toutain-core-time-scale-00.txt

From: Laurent Toutain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 17:44:34 +0200

Hi,

We just published this draft for a new CoAP option called Time Scale. From
your view, it will be useful for CoAP servers responding to clients
connected to a LPWAN network. Since clients are sleeping most of the time,
interactions will take longer. Servers must adapt their behavior.

We would like to have a feedback from the CoAP community on this proposal.

Laurent and Ana.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 4:33 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-toutain-core-time-scale-00.txt
To: Laurent Toutain <[email-masked]>, Ana Minaburo <
[email-masked]>, Laurent Toutain <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-toutain-core-time-scale-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Laurent Toutain and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-toutain-core-time-scale
Revision:       00
Title:          CoAP Time Scale Option
Document date:  2017-10-26
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          6
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-toutain-core-
time-scale-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-toutain-core-time-
scale/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-toutain-core-time-scale-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-toutain-core-
time-scale-00

Abstract:
   SCHC compression mechanism for LPWAN network enables IPv6 on devices
   connected to a constrained network (LPWAN).  They can communicate
   with a CoAP server located anywhere in the Internet.  LPWAN network
   characteristics limits the number of exchanges and may impose a long
   RTT.  The CoAP server must be aware of these properties to manage
   correctly requests.  The Time Scale option allows a device to inform
   a CoAP server of the duration the message ID value should be kept in
   memory to manage correctly message duplication.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat