Subject: Re: [dane] #8: How do we handle the "Last Hop Problem"

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 21:30:53 -0000

#8: How do we handle the "Last Hop Problem"

Changes (by warren@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 As per the IETF82 minutes
 (http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/82/minutes/dane.txt ) (and subsequently
 onlist (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dane/current/msg03975.html ))
 text was added.

 Text added to satisfy  #8:

            Clients that validate the DNSSEC signatures themselves SHOULD
 use
            standard DNSSEC validation procedures.  Clients that do not
 validate
            the DNSSEC signatures themselves MUST use a secure transport
 (e.g.,
            TSIG [RFC2845], SIG(0) [RFC2931], or IPsec [RFC6071]) between
            themselves and the entity performing the signature validation.

-- 
-----------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  mlepinsk@…             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:
Component:  protocol               |     Version:
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document  |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+---------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/8#comment:1>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>