Subject: Re: [dane] #35: Behavior for a supported algorithm that is not considered "strong" by the client.

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:26:11 -0000

#35: Behavior for a supported algorithm that is not considered "strong" by the
client.

Changes (by warren@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 "The authors are requested to add text similar to what was proposed below,
 but to please try and word the conditions as a list (as suggested by
 Olafur) to aid readability.

 Thank you all for making this consensus call easy :-P"

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dane/current/msg04146.html

 ------
 The proposed text was (to save folk having to click on the link or read
 the archives :-)):
  If a certificate association contains a matching type or certificate
  for association that uses a cryptographic algorithm that is
  considered too weak for the TLS client's policy, the certificate
  association MUST be marked as unusable.

 Olafur's suggestion:
 +1 In general to the text, but can we convert this to a list for
 readability?

  Something like: (rough draft)
  If a certificate association contains one or more of the following
 conditions:
         - certification usage, select or machining type that is not
 understood
         - uses a cryptographic algorithm considered too weak by policy
         - comparison data for the certificate is malformed
  the client MUST mark that certificate association as unusable.

-- 
-------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  warren@…     |       Owner:  draft-ietf-dane-protocol@…
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:
Component:  protocol     |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/35#comment:1>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>