Subject: [dane] #40: Which TLS versions?

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 00:20:38 -0000

#40: Which TLS versions?

 The draft currently only references TLS 1.2. Should we also add references
 to 1.1? To 1.0?

-- 
----------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  paul.hoffman@…  |      Owner:  draft-ietf-dane-protocol@…
     Type:  defect          |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor           |  Milestone:
Component:  protocol        |    Version:
 Severity:  -               |   Keywords:
----------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/40>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>

---

From: Ondřej Surý <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 10:20:49 +0200

As I understand the discussion in the list, we can probably add reference
TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 since there is not a normative reference which we can
use to reference just a 'TLS' (which would include all valid TLS versions).

O.

On 13. 4. 2012, at 2:20, dane issue tracker wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dane mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dane

--
 Ondřej Surý
 vedoucí výzkumu/Head of R&D department
 -------------------------------------------
 CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.    --    Laboratoře CZ.NIC
 Americka 23, 120 00 Praha 2, Czech Republic
 mailto:[email-masked]    http://nic.cz/
 tel:+420.222745110       fax:+420.222745112
 -------------------------------------------

---

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:31:25 -0000

#40: Which TLS versions?

Changes (by warren@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 Having not seen any supporting consensus, closing.

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  paul.hoffman@…  |       Owner:  draft-ietf-dane-protocol@…
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor           |   Milestone:
Component:  protocol        |     Version:
 Severity:  -               |  Resolution:  wontfix
 Keywords:                  |
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/40#comment:1>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>

---

From: "dane issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:56:30 -0000

#40: Which TLS versions?

Comment (by warren@…):

 Whoops. I had too many tabs open and though I was editing #39.

 Correct resolution for this is:
 Updated in -20 with:
 Although the references in this paragraph
    are to TLS and DTLS version 1.2, the DANE TLSA protocol can also be
    used with earlier versions of TLS and DTLS.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dane/trac/ticket/40#comment:2>
dane <http://tools.ietf.org/dane/>