Subject: [dane] DANE OpenPGP support

From: Matthias-Christian Ott <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 21:10:24 +0200

I don't know if it is already to late to change something, but I noticed
that the latest DANE draft does not include support for OpenPGP which is
supported in TLS as of RFC6091 and is implemented by GnuTLS. Perhaps it
is best to create an amending RFC because the current DANE draft is
intended for the Standards Track whereas RFC6091 is not.

I just wanted to bring this to your attention because I was told that
this has not been considered so far.

- Matthias-Christian Ott

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 18:05:16 -0600

> this has not been considered so far.

My understanding is that it was considered and deemed out of scope for
now. You'll notice that there are some hooks for other certificate types
in the text, but someone will need to define those usages since they're
out of scope for the core spec.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/