Subject: [dane] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-dane-smime-15: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 19:09:56 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dane-smime-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-smime/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a rather icky IPR disclosure that basically says that licensing
terms won't be disclosed until they see where the draft is going. The
shepherd's review doesn't mention whether the working group discussed
that. Since this is experimental, it probably doesn't matter very much
right now. I hope that gets some discussion prior to any attempt to
promote this work to standards track.

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 11:42:48 +0000

Hi Ben,

On 16/03/17 02:09, Ben Campbell wrote:
> terms won't be disclosed until they see where the draft is going. 

Yeah, this same "tell ya later, maybe" situation has hit other
drafts in the last year or so, regrettably from the same source.

Fully agreeing about the icckiness, I did explicitly ask about this
in my AD review [1] and we gave participants a week or so to object
to progressing and none did as you can see from that thread.

Cheers,
S.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dane/current/msg08511.html

> The

---

From: Ólafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 13:02:35 +0100

The working group discussed this and decided to move forward. 

Ólafur

On March 16, 2017 3:09:56 AM GMT+01:00, Ben Campbell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Please refer to
>https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.