Subject: [dane] WG Action: Conclusion of DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities (dane)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 10:33:15 -0700

The DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities (dane) working group in 
the Security Area has concluded. The IESG contact persons are Stephen 
Farrell and Kathleen Moriarty.

The mailing list will remain open.

> Hi all,
> 
> Now that the last pending DANE document has been approved we're 
> closing the WG as planned. We'll finish processing of that document as 
> usual.
> 
> I'd like to thank the chairs and authors for all their fine work
> over the last few years.
> 
> Regards,
> Stephen.

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 00:11:38 +0100

> The mailing list will remain open.

I'd like to quickly thank the working group participants for all of
their hard work over the years.

We sent ~9,600 emails (or ~1400 threads :-)), and published 8
documents (including draft-ietf-dane-smime).
We also had some fun, made some friends, and learnt a lot.

We are now seeing deployment in the mail world, and I think that we
can be proud of what we've accomplished...

Thanks again,
W

-- 
I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad
idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair
of pants.
   ---maf