Subject: [dane] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-dane-smime-15: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 08:09:58 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dane-smime-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-smime/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for this document.

I have a small list of comments:

1) You are pointing to Unicode 5.2, which is rather old. You should
reference the most recent version.

2) In Section 9.2: NSEC and NSEC3 need references.

3) In Section 11: <pedantic comment alert> All of your references are
Informative. This is not correct, as several of the references are needed
to implement or understand this specification. It doesn't matter that
this document is Experimental, references needed to implement or
understand the document still need to be Normative.