Subject: [dane] RFC 8162 on Using Secure DNS to Associate Certificates with Domain Names for S/MIME

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 15:13:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8162

        Title:      Using Secure DNS to Associate 
                    Certificates with Domain Names for S/MIME 
        Author:     P. Hoffman,
                    J. Schlyter
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 27124
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dane-smime-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8162

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8162

This document describes how to use secure DNS to associate an S/MIME
user's certificate with the intended domain name, similar to the way
that DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE), RFC 6698,
does for TLS.

This document is a product of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC