Subject: Re: [dbound] The Fate of DBOUND

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 08:46:48 -0800

On 11/16/2016 4:36 PM, Kurt Andersen wrote:
> What about publishing an experimental design spec along with the four
> drafts? That could put a framework around the entire process and perhaps
> avoid some of the challenges that SPFbis had when trying to move from
> experimental to standards track. The WG could become the manager of the
> experiment for a designated duration and responsible for collecting and
> publishing the results.

There might not be agreement about how to solve this topic (or topic/s/) 
but there seems to be agreement that it is an interesting and possibly 
important topic.  And there's been quite a bit of serious effort, here.

So marking that effort in the RFC archive makes sense to me, even if 
standards status isn't attached to any of it.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net