Subject: [Dcrup] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-usage-04.txt> (Cryptographic Algorithm and Key Usage Update to DKIM) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 11:34:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DKIM Crypto Update WG (dcrup) to
consider the following document: - 'Cryptographic Algorithm and Key Usage
Update to DKIM'
  <draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-usage-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The cryptographic algorithm and key size requirements included when
   DKIM was designed in the last decade are functionally obsolete and in
   need of immediate revision.  This document updates DKIM requirements
   to those minimaly suitable for operation with currently specified
   algorithms.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-usage/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-usage/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc8017: PKCS #1: RSA Cryptography Specifications Version 2.2 (Informational - IETF stream)