Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-userclass-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 06:36:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The User Class Option for DHCP
	Author(s)	: G. Stump, R. Droms, Y. Gu,  R. Vyaghrapuri,
                          A. Demirtjis, B. Beser, J. Privat
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-userclass-05.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 04-Feb-00
	
This option is used by a DHCP client to optionally identify the
type or category of user or applications it represents. The
information contained in this option is an NVT ASCII text object
that represents the user class of which the client is a member.
Based on this class, a DHCP server selects the appropriate address
pool to assign an address to the client and the appropriate
configuration parameters.
This option should be configurable by a user.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-userclass-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-userclass-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-userclass-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:36:45 -0000

This draft contains modifications to
the User Class option discussed at the
DC meeting.
I have simplified the draft, mainly defining
the format of the option as agreed at the meeting.

Main changes are:
- modify format of the option (opaque field).
- add multiple User Class support.
- make clear that this option should be configurable
by a user.
- suppress most of the sections on server and client
behavior as they were describing implementation or
admin policy choices.

I would appreciate any feedback on this new version
of the draft.

Please also note that the abstract in the annoucement
below is incorrect (it mixes the abstract of the present
draft with the one in the -04 version).

Jerome
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 07 February 2000 11:36
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-userclass-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of
the IETF.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:36:47 -0000