Subject: Question about destination address

From: Mallikarjun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:10:22 -0700

Hello,

       I am trying to configure a h/w box with uses Bootp on my linux
system which runs dhcpd. I need to give the destination address for this
h/w box. Is this possible in the dhcpd.conf file. rest everything is set
fine like gateway address, own ip address, etc. I would appreciate any
kind of help in this direction.

Thanks,

Sincerely,
Mallik

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:33:13 -0700

> kind of help in this direction.

You should probably be asking for help with the ISC DHCP server on the
ISC mailing list - see http://www.isc.org for details.

In answer to your question, you can write a host declaration that will
assign a fixed address to a BOOTP client, and this is what I would
recommend.  It should look something like this:

host foo {
  hardware ethernet 08:00:2b:4c:ed:a9;
  fixed-address 1.2.3.4;
}

The address that you assign to it should not be included in any range
statement you may have in your dhcpd.conf file.

			       _MelloN_