Subject: multihomed DHCP Server

From: "Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:37:41 CEST

Can i do the next NT server 4.0 configuration for the DHCP Server?:

- Network adapter card #1:
    class C IP address: 192.168.200.1 subnetmask 255.255.255.0
    to serve next range: 192.168.200.2 to 192.168.200.253

- Network adapter card #2:
    class C IP address: 192.168.201.1 subnetmask 255.255.255.0
    to serve next range: 192.168.201.2 to 192.168.201.253

All the example is invented. I need to apply this in a real scenario, 
because the DHCP Server needs to serve more than 254 IP address.

Thanks
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:20:15 -0700

I'm not sure if I have your question clearly, but it sounds like you
want to serve more than one IP subnet on the same physical network -
is that right?   If so, you really don't want to use two network cards
- just configure an interface alias.   I don't know precisely how the
NT 4.0 DHCP server handles this, but it's a fairly common setup, so I
imagine it does it just fine.   Btw, you really really want an SP4 or
higher DHCP server with NT 4.0.   :')

			       _MelloN_