Subject: RE: REMINDER: WG last call for "The Name Service Search Option fo r DHCP"

From: Bernie Volz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:33:49 -0400

This document has some (minor) problems. In particular in the following
sentence:

   In the above diagram, ns1 and ns2 are 16-bit integers corresponding
   to two DHCP options which specify the IP addresses of two different
   types of name server.  The current list of name services and their
   DHCP option codes, taken from RFC 2132, includes

It does *NOT* specify "IP addresses" (the DHCP options do, but I think it
makes the statement confusing). And, since this is supposed to present the
generalized format, I would also suggest changing "ns1 and ns2" and "two" to
be more general. How about we change it to:

   In the above diagram, ns1, ns2, ... are the 16-bit integers corresponding
   to the DHCP options numbers for the types of name services to be used,
   in order.  The current list of name services and their DHCP option codes,
   taken from RFC 2132, includes

We might also want to add the "0" value to the table of Name Services
(perhaps with an asterisks to indicate it does not correspond to a DHCP
option number). It may easily be missed as it appears in the text later.

- Bernie Volz
  IPWorks, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Droms [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 9:25 AM
To: DHCPv4 discussion list
Subject: REMINDER: WG last call for "The Name Service Search Option for
DHCP"

This message is a reminder about the DHC WG last call for
"The Name Service Search Option for DHCP", <draft-ietf-dhc-nsso-03.txt>.

Please forward any comments you may have on this draft
to [email-masked] by Friday, May 26.

- Ralph Droms