Subject: Printer HP 2000C fails.

From: "Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 16:37:59 CEST

I have a a Microsoft Domain network, with the PDC server (NT Server .0) and 
the workstations (Windows 95). All the clients are printing to a HP 2000C 
printer and have the same problem: when a document is printing, it doesn't 
continue printing, but when restarts to continue printing, it begins at page 
1, not at the last printed page. For example, the document has 60 pages, the 
printing process stops at page 40, and when restart, reprint all the 
document, not from page 40 to end page.

All the clients have the latest printer driver for Windows 95 installed
locally. The NT Server has their last version installed on. Both NT and 95 
driver version is 2.3. It happens with normal documents and transparences 
too. Apparently this hardware is supported by 95 and NT according to 
Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List.

I've obtained a temporal solution activating the "optime quality" on printer 
properties, but then documents are printed slowly, and taht's not the 
solution.

Any suggestion?
Thanks in advanced.

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:05:29 -0700

> Any suggestion?

Call HP for support?   This is a mailing list for the Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol working group of the IETF, and while printers
do sometimes do DHCP, this doesn't sound like a DHCP-related issue.
I'd offer you suggestions anyway if I had some, but I don't.   Best of
luck, though!

			       _MelloN_