Subject: Re: Printer HP 2000C fails.

From: "Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 18:26:03 CEST

Sorry, i'm on a mistake, i had two questions, one about the printer, but the 
other about DHCP, wich i supose i can post, isn't it?
Here it is the problem:

I have problems to start the DHCP Server Service on a Windows NT Server. 
When the service try to start, appears a messages like to: Cannot start DHCP 
Server Services.

Looking for a solution to Microsoft Developer Network, i found some related 
articles, but without a real solution.

The event viewer shows the next event ID's: 1004, 1008, 1014, 1018 and 7023

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

----Original Message Follows----
From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: DHCPv4 discussion list <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Printer HP 2000C fails.
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:05:29 -0700

 > Any suggestion?

Call HP for support?   This is a mailing list for the Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol working group of the IETF, and while printers
do sometimes do DHCP, this doesn't sound like a DHCP-related issue.
I'd offer you suggestions anyway if I had some, but I don't.   Best of
luck, though!

			       _MelloN_

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:43:25 -0700

> Any suggestion?

Contact Microsoft Support?  Again, this is not a mailing list for
supporting implementations of the DHCP protocol - it is a mailing list
for discussing issues pertaining to the protocol itself.  You can try
the [email-masked] mailing list, but I can't promise that
you'll find anything useful out there either.

One thing I can suggest: make sure that you aren't running the DHCP
client on your NT system as well as the DHCP server - NT won't let you
run both.   That about exhausts my NT DHCP expertise... :')

			       _MelloN_