Subject: Re: [mcse] DHCP Scope

From: "Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:10:46 CEST

I think you need decrease the subnet mask to allow more node IP's.
I had the same problem, but i added a 2nd NIC and defined two scopes, one 
per NIC, but i'm in doubt: can i define the same gateway for both scopes (or 
NIC's)? or each scope (NIC) needs a gateway corresponding to appropiate 
network address?. If i need different gateways, how can i do everyone see 
each other?

I can't add another scope using only one NIC due the complexity of the 
network, routers, tables, etc. That's the cause to use two NIC's. But it 
doesn't goes right!!

Thanks.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Walid El-Khawas" <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [mcse] DHCP Scope
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:14:22 -0400

Hi All,

     I ran out of IP's on my network, is it possible to add another scope on 
my networkon the same DHCP Server? the old scope is 192.168.10.x, and i 
wonna add another one, Lets say 192.168.11.x with the same subnet mask which 
is 255.255.255.0 , with the
same options of the first scope. Would that work ??

Thanks

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com