Subject: Incomplete list domains from Windows explorer

From: "Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:46:01 CEST

Hi all,

On a Microsoft netrwork with multiple domains, i have the next problem:

When i open network neighborough-entire network from windows explorer to see 
all network domains, (t is on a Nt server and Windows 9x and 2000), a lot of 
times only see an incomplete list, but not all the domains.
At netbios level, it works fine, because a can do a ping command and i can 
connect to a server via netbios name, for example doing execute comand: 
\\name_server

I can see the next: From any machine connected to the domain containing the 
WINS server. is possible to see all the list, but trying it from compùters 
of other domains than WIN server, the list appears incomplete on windows 
explorer.

I don't know if ther is a problem with WINS server or their domain, but when 
i restart the computer taht can't see all the list, after restarting, it can 
see yet all the list. I could thibk that restart proccees causes the renewal 
of the server list resolution names from WINS, but when it see incomplete 
list, i don't know why!. Viewed domains are from internal cahe memory?Is 
aleatory the list i can see? If a WINS error exists, i could see an empty 
list, only with the owned domain, isn't it?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks to all
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:17:36 -0700

Your DHCP server may be sending the clients a node type that's wrong
for your network.   If you don't have a NetBIOS domain controller (not
sure if that's precisely the right name) and your DHCP server is
telling clients that they should be querying a domain controller, then
it won't work, for example.   So I'd run winipcfg and see how your
clients are saying they have been configured, and make sure that
matches what you actually have deployed on your network.

			       _MelloN_