Subject: WG last call for "Authentication for DHCP Messages" (REMINDER)

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:23:24 -0400

This message announces a DHC WG last call for "Authentication for DHCP 
Messages", <draft-ietf-dhc-authentication-13.txt>.  The WG discussed the 
previous revision in Adelaide and agreed to go to WG last call after some 
editorial changes, which have been incorporated into this latest revision 
of the spec:

* edited "Discussion" in section 1 to eliminate references to expired
   Internet Drafts
* exchanged RDM and Algorithm fields
* fixed RDM values - 0x00 is counter method (as defined in draft); all
   other values are "reserved"
* edited first sentence of 5.1 to clarify that protocol 1 is aimed at
   intradomain authentication and other protocols may address
   interdomain authentication
* changed the two header diagrams in 5.2 to show "Algorithm" field
   (allowing for multiple algorithms) rather than specifying "00000000"
   (which didn't match with the specification that HMAC-MD5 use
   "0x01").
* Edited first sentence of 5.3 to refer more generally to the
   specified RDM, rather than explicitly desribing the use of RDM 1.
* Also edited 5.3 to allow for different algorithms.
* Edited section 6 to describe definition of new protocol. algorithm
   or RDM.

Please forward any comments you may have on this draft to 
[email-masked] by Friday, June 23.

- Ralph Droms