Subject: Re: Next Interop Event

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:00:29 -0400

> I think there is a need for another interoperability event, this time to be
> focused upon DHCP and MCAP issues.

For DHCP interoperability testing, I'd strongly urge that you involve
the DHCP community. Indeed, they have done a lot of testing and I
believe still do on occasion. I.e., this is a DHCP testing issue
(relay agents and servers), more than a 1394 testing issue (which
would just be the client part). You might want to contact Mike Carney
<[email-masked]>, who has organized DHCP testing at
Interop in the past.

Thomas

> Such an event probably needs some advance planning on what is to be tested
> and the test matrix we intend to use. Of course, as all past coordinators
> can attest, it also needs significant logistical support.

> What if we defer the question of when and where (for the time being) and
> focus on the following:

> 1) Is there a perceived need for another event? Who would likely participate?

> 2) What are the test scenarios, DHCP and MCAP, for which we should prepare?

> 3) Is a possible outcome of the cumulative experience from these events a
> compliance specification and/or tests? Has the IETF created such ancillary
> documents and tests in the past?

> Regards,

> Peter Johansson

> Congruent Software, Inc.
> 98 Colorado Avenue
> Berkeley, CA  94707

> (510) 527-3926
> (510) 527-3856 FAX

> [email-masked]

---

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:49:02 -0400

This certainly sounds to me like a good candidate for testing at
Connectathon early next year.  There are typically several days
of DHCP interoperability testing at Connectathon, and it
continues to be a good venue such DHCP testing.

Cheers -- Kim