Subject: DHCP Server with two NIC's

From: "Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 14:20:43 CEST

I have a NT Server 4.0 with a DHCP Server on a Token-Ring network. The 
server has a class C IP address. I need add one more NIC, because the 
complicated of the network doesn't permit more than one IP for NIC neither 
change the subnetmask. So, at this point, that's the question:

Is compatible a DHCP Server working with two network cards, everyone with 
their class C IP address and both with the same subnet mask (255.255.255.0)?

If yes, then:

- The existing IP address is 192.28.88.40 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0), 
serving the hosts compressed in 192.28.88.0 network. Can i add, for example, 
the next IP address?: 192.28.89.40 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0)to serve the 
new hosts compressed in 192.28.89.0 network?

- In the DHCP Manager (or i don't know where) how can i bind the network 
cards with their respective IP address? Do i need create two scopes, one for 
every NIC? ... or what??

- Do i need activate IP Routing on the server?

Thanks for all
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com