Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-authentication-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:04:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Authentication for DHCP Messages
	Author(s)	: R. Droms, W. Arbaugh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-authentication-13.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 12-Jun-00
	
The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) provides a framework
for passing configuration information to hosts on a TCP/IP network.
In some situations, network administrators may wish to constrain the
allocation of addresses to authorized hosts.  Additionally, some
network administrators may wish to provide for authentication of the
source and contents of DHCP messages.  This document defines a new
DHCP option through which authorization tickets can be easily
generated and newly attached hosts with proper authorization can be
automatically configured from an authenticated DHCP server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-authentication-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-authentication-13.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-authentication-13.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.