Subject: DHCP Server with 2 NIC's

From: "Marc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:17:31 CEST

Hi All,

I ran out of IP's on my network, is it possible to add another NIC on my 
network on the same DHCP Server? the old scope is 190.160.10.x, the gateway 
is 190.160.10.2 and i wonna add another one scope to the new second NIC. 
Lets say 190.160.11.x with the same subnet mask which is 255.255.255.0, but 
which gateway??? And... how can i allow  communication between the 2 NIC's?

cenario:

DHCP Server:

NIC 1: IP:190.160.10.1 MASK:255.255.255.0 GATEWAY:190.160.10.2 (today)
       WINS and DNS:130.10.90.10 (remote)
NIC 2: IP:190.160.11.1 MASK:255.255.255.0 GATEWAY:190.160.??.? (future)
       WINS and DNS:130.10.90.10 (remote)

The gateway IP address of the 2nd NIC is my problem. Any help?

I know i can do this with only one NIC and modifybg the subnet mask, but 
that option is not possible due the network complexity. Im forced to do this 
using two network adapters on the same machine (NT Server 4.0) containing 
the DHCP Server.

Thanks in advanced.

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com