Subject: Re: how to simulate multiple DHCP clients ?

From: Jason Goldschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:14:34 -0700 (PDT)

>I don't know if it's possible to configure NT to act as a forwarding agents 
>and as multiple clients.  You may need a special application that generates 
>and receives DHCP client messages.  A student of mine wrote such a tool - 
>jDHCP - but he graduated and it's not available on line this AM.  I expect 
>to move the code and make it publicly accessible again later today.  I'll 
>post a note with the new location for the code later today...

this package that Ralph speaks of can be found at:

http://www.dhcp.org/javadhcp/download/manyclients-1.0.tar.gz

and 

http://www.dhcp.org/javadhcp/download/manyclients-1.0.zip

the app was written using JDHCP-1.0.1 (which is included in the tar bar) ... it 
will generate N clients each with a random MAC address

the usage is:

java manyclients <server> <num_clients>

Thanks,

Jason Goldschmidt
[email-masked]

>- Ralph Droms

**********************************
Jason Goldschmidt                *
Internet Engineering: QoS Group  *
650-786-3502                     *
[email-masked]             *
**********************************