Subject: Design team teleconference on DHCPv6

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:15:24 -0400

Following up on the impromptu meeting on DHCPv6 in Pittsburgh, I've 
scheduled a DHCPv6 design team telephone-based teleconference for next 
Thursday, 8/31 between noon and 3PM, EDT.

Our process for this teleconference will be based on Ted Lemon's plan for 
moving the DHCPv6 spec forward:

(1) Everybody who is strongly interested is going to read the current
     draft over carefully, if they haven't already, or if only as a
     means of accomplishing (2):

(2) Each of us is going to make a list of the things that are in the
     draft that aren't okay with us, and a list of things that are not
     in the draft that we would like to see in the draft.

      Criteria for inclusion (and design) or exclusion
      of a particular feature include:
      - Is this a feature clearly required in the
        next six months or can it be added as
        an extension later
      - Is this a feature new to DHCPv6 and is
        the feature required by IPv6
      - Is the design of this feature based on
        DHCPv4 experience
      - What is the justification for features
        that differ from DHCPv4 design

(3) We will each publish this information on the
     DHCPv6 mailing list.

(4) Teleconference agenda:

     (a) Develop a list of specific changes to be made
         to the spec
     (b) Develop a timeline of milestones to be
         accomplished to bring the spec up for final
         WG review in San Diego

Cisco System will host the teleconference with toll-free access within the 
U.S., and will be happy to reimburse those outside the U.S. for their calls.

If you want to participate in the call on 8/31, please contact me for the 
phone number and conference ID.  All participants will be expected to 
execute steps 1, 2 and 3 prior to next week's phone call, so I can put 
together a list of features that we can have on the table when we start 
talking at noon on 8/31.

- Ralph

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:31:36 -0400

I've posted a couple of messages to my list of expected participants in 
this afternoon's teleconference.  If you expect to participate and you 
didn't get these messages, or if you've decided you want to participate and 
haven't contacted me, please let me know.

- Ralph