Subject: Design team teleconference on DHCPv6

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:40:58 -0400

(This is a resend of the original announcement.  Be sure to contact me 
prior to the time of the teleconference to get the number and conference 
ID. - RD)

Following up on the impromptu meeting on DHCPv6 in Pittsburgh, I've 
scheduled a DHCPv6 design team telephone-based teleconference for next 
Thursday, 8/31 between noon and 3PM, EDT.

Our process for this teleconference will be based on Ted Lemon's plan for 
moving the DHCPv6 spec forward:

(1) Everybody who is strongly interested is going to read the current
     draft over carefully, if they haven't already, or if only as a
     means of accomplishing (2):

(2) Each of us is going to make a list of the things that are in the
     draft that aren't okay with us, and a list of things that are not
     in the draft that we would like to see in the draft.

      Criteria for inclusion (and design) or exclusion
      of a particular feature include:
      - Is this a feature clearly required in the
        next six months or can it be added as
        an extension later
      - Is this a feature new to DHCPv6 and is
        the feature required by IPv6
      - Is the design of this feature based on
        DHCPv4 experience
      - What is the justification for features
        that differ from DHCPv4 design

(3) We will each publish this information on the
     DHCPv6 mailing list.

(4) Teleconference agenda:

     (a) Develop a list of specific changes to be made
         to the spec
     (b) Develop a timeline of milestones to be
         accomplished to bring the spec up for final
         WG review in San Diego

Cisco System will host the teleconference with toll-free access within the 
U.S., and will be happy to reimburse those outside the U.S. for their calls.

If you want to participate in the call on 8/31, please contact me for the 
phone number and conference ID.  All participants will be expected to 
execute steps 1, 2 and 3 prior to next week's phone call, so I can put 
together a list of features that we can have on the table when we start 
talking at noon on 8/31.

- Ralph

---

From: "Barr Hibbs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:07:13 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From:  Ralph Droms
> Sent: Monday, August 28, 2000 6:41 PM
> 
> Be sure to contact me prior to the time of the teleconference
> to get the number and conference ID.
> 
> 

...so, what is the number and conference ID?

--Barr