Subject: DHCP option codes

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:47:07 -0700

IANA lists all the currently assigned DHCP option codes:

<http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/bootp-dhcp-parameters>

I was just taking a quick look through the list to see if there are any 
obvious omissions in Mac OS that we ought to fix, but it is hard to tell 
because the list doesn't give the RFCs that define the format and usage 
of each option. Is such a list available anywhere?

Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
 * Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Computer
 * Chairman, IETF ZEROCONF
 * www.stuartcheshire.org

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:07:57 -0400

> of each option. Is such a list available anywhere?

I've wanted such a list in the past too.  This is something IANA ought
to do. I.e., for all assigned numbers, point to the RFC defining
it. It would probably be a help to IANA (read: it would happen sooner)
if this WG would do this for them, or at least a first cut.

Any takers?

Thomas

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:44:31 -0700

> Any takers?

You're welcome to start from our list in the ISC DHCP server, since
it's open source.   We don't have every option covered, but we're
pretty close as of 3.0b2pl5.

			       _MelloN_