Subject: Failover Draft Conference Call, Friday Oct. 27

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:30:36 -0400

The first failover draft conference call will take place
tomorrow.  Friday October 27, 2000, at 12:00 EDT, and last for up
to 3 hours.  For most of you, that is tomorrow.

The people that have responded to me and can attend tomorrow's
call are:

	Bernie Volz	
	Steve Gonczi
	Ralph Droms
	Thomas Narten

I have sent them the call info just prior to this post.

Two other people responded with interest, but cannot attend the
Oct. 27 meeting:

	Greg Rabil
	Ted Lemon

My thinking is to schedule any followup call on November 7 or 8,
also at 12:00 EDT, in the hopes that we can have a broader set of
participants.

Topics for the Oct 27 meeting are (so far):

  a) Issues surrounding lease ownership and pool allocation
  for secondary servers.

  b) Handling of Dynamic bootp leases and "reservations.

  c) Massive resychronization required when bringing in 
  new secondary server.
	
If you want to attend the Friday Oct.  27 call and your name was
not on the list, please send me email (if I missed someone, I
apologize).

Cheers -- Kim

Kim Kinnear
Cisco Systems
(978) 244-8376