Subject: Failover draft conference call -- next week!

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:07:48 -0400

*****
** Conference Call Announcement to discuss the
** Failover draft -- you *must* reply to participate!
*****

It is getting to be time to move the failover draft toward last
call, and so we are planning to have a conference call prior to
revising it before the San Deigo IETF in order to explore any
issues that remain with the current draft.

The current draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-07.txt

The proposal is that we have a single, three hour conference call
on Friday October 27, and if necessary, a followup on the
Friday following, November 3.

Proposal:

     Call 1:      Friday October 27, 2000 12pm-3pm EST

	and if necessary:

     Call 2:      Friday, November 3, 2000 12pm-3pm EST

This is not an interim working group meeting (in IETF parlance),
but rather a "design group" meeting.  This means that any
decisions made have to be ratified by the entire working group
(which is how we've always done it anyway).

**************************************************
         Conference Call Announcement
        YOU MUST REPLY TO PARTICIPATE
    (I have to reserved conference call slots)
**************************************************

If you want to participate, I need email from you with answers to
the following questions:

   1.  Your name(s), affiliation, and TIME ZONE.

   2.  The topics in the current failover draft which you would
   like to discuss in a conference call.  Please order a list by
   priority.  Examples might be: conflict resolution,
   initialization between partner servers, etc.

   3.  Will the above dates work for you?  If not, please make
   some alternative proposals -- recognizing that time is short.

These will be toll free calls inside of the continental US. If
you are outside of the toll free area, and would need financial
assistance as a condition of participation in such a call, please
mention that and we'll see what we can work out.

Send your reply *only* to [email-masked] (i.e., do *not*
reply to the whole dhcp-v4 list!).

************************************************

Along about Friday October 20, I'll let all of the respondents
know if the proposed dates worked, schedule the actual phone
calls if they did, and distribute the phone numbers.

Anyone will be able to participate after that time (after they
contact me) of course.

Cheers -- Kim

Kim Kinnear
Cisco Systems
Chelmsford, MA 01824

(978) 244-8376
[email-masked]

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:23:56 -0700

I'm going to be in retreat until November 6, so I won't be able to
attend either of those conference calls.   :'(

			       _MelloN_