Subject: Final Failover draft conference call -- next week!

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:52:43 -0500

*****
** Conference Call Announcement to discuss the
** Failover draft -- you *must* reply to participate!
*****

On October 27, we held a conference call to discuss the failover
draft.  I produced minutes for that call which I distributed to
this list.  If you want another copy, let me know and I'll send
you one.

The current failover draft is:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-07.txt
   
During that call, we discussed the possibility of having another
call this week -- yesterday or today, Nov.  7 or 8.  Turns out
that didn't work out, as we couldn't get the right set of folks
together with sufficient notice to make it work.

We are going to try one more time to get this call together on
Tuesday, November 14, at 12pm-3pm EST.

The current agenda is:

	1. Experience with implementing the -07 draft.
  
Proposal for the call:

      Tuesday, November 14, 2000 12pm-3pm EST
  
This is not an interim working group meeting (in IETF parlance),
but rather a "design group" meeting.  This means that any
decisions made have to be ratified by the entire working group
(which is how we've always done it anyway).

**************************************************
          Conference Call Announcement
         YOU MUST REPLY TO PARTICIPATE
     (I have to reserve conference call slots)
**************************************************

If you want to participate, I need usual email from you with
answers to the following questions:

    1.  Your name(s), affiliation, and TIME ZONE (e.g., EST, PST).

    2.  The topics in the current failover draft which you would
    like to discuss in a conference call.  Please order a list by
    priority.  Examples might be: conflict resolution,
    initialization between partner servers, etc.

    3.  Will the above dates work for you?  If not, please make
    some alternative proposals -- recognizing that time is short.

These will be toll free calls inside of the continental US. If
you are outside of the toll free area, and would need financial
assistance as a condition of participation in such a call, please
mention that and we'll see what we can work out.

Send your reply *only* to [email-masked] (i.e., do *not*
reply to the whole dhcp-v4 list!).  Thanks!

************************************************

Along about Friday November 10 or Monday November 13, I'll let
all of the respondents know if the proposed dates worked,
schedule the actual phone calls if they did, and distribute the
phone numbers.

Anyone will be able to participate after that time (after they
contact me) of course.

Cheers -- Kim

Kim Kinnear
Cisco Systems
Chelmsford, MA 01824

(978) 244-8376
[email-masked]