Subject: [Dime] Diameter interop update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:41:41 +0200

(BCC:ed to RADext, AAA mailing lists and a few indivituals).

Hi all,

I've gotten a large number of responses - about 18 - for an interop, so
it looks like it's a go!

Ulticom is happy to sponser the interop event, in Mt. Laurel, NJ - which
is close to Philadelphia.  The current plan is to hold the event
starting on Monday April 24th.  This is due to the availability of the
testing facilities.  If this week is a problem for some of you, please
let me know immediately. I'm working with Ulticom on setting up a
registration page, so they can figure out how much space is needed.

Protocols that people have shown interest are:

 Diameter Base		
 Diameter Credit Control	
 Diameter SIP		
 3GPP interfaces (Cx)	
 Diameter EAP		
 Diameter NASREQ		
 Diameter MIP		

What is needed is a test plan, test cases.  A couple of you indicated
that you'd be interested in preparing this, so I think the best way to
do this would be do document them in an Internet Draft and submit them
before the draft cut-off date. As I guide, I'm looking at these pages,
from a past interop event:
http://standards.ericsson.net/diameter-bake-off/

I'd strongly suggest that all interested parties subscribe to the
Diameter Maintanence and Extentions WG mailing list, for discussions.

thanks,
John

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Victor Fajardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:18:07 -0500

Hi all,

The open diameter project is interested in starting/contributing a draft 
document for test plan and test case. At the moment, we would like to 
gather feedback from folks who would also be interested in collaborating 
so we can bootstrap this process. The initial scope is based on John's 
protocol list below. We can discuss further details for each item as we 
proceed.

thanks,
Victor Fajardo

---

From: Julien Bournelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:41:55 +0100

Hi all,

Victor Fajardo wrote:
> document for test plan and test case. 

  I can help if needed (at least for Diameter Base Protocol and Diameter 
EAP).

  Julien

> At the moment, we would like to

---

From: Victor Fajardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:36:36 -0500

Hi Julien,

> Hi all,
>
>
> Victor Fajardo wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The open diameter project is interested in starting/contributing a 
>> draft document for test plan and test case. 
>
>
>  I can help if needed (at least for Diameter Base Protocol and 
> Diameter EAP).

Thanks. I'm hoping other people with expertise in the other protocols 
will also be able to contribute. Anyway, we can take the detailed 
discussion offline for now until we have an initial version of the 
document. If others wish to contribute, pls feel free to contact us.

Victor Fajardo