Subject: [Dime] Looking for candidates for (co-)chairing the (new) DIME WG

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:04:13 +0100

[posted to AAA, DIME and NSIS mailing lists since we expect that
 those mailing lists have the most relevant participants.]

All,

The new DIME WG (see charter at the bottom) has been approved by 
the IESG. The actual instantiation of the WG is pending the appointment
of WG chair(s). 

The ADs have decided to write down a brief profile for the WG chair(s).
We would like you to consider this profile and either nominate yourself 
or other people that you think that would fit well in this role by 
sending mail to the OPS ADs.
(<[email-masked]> and <[email-masked]>).

We do not intend to disclose the names of the nominees in public,
but we will probably sollicit for feedback with various other
people. If you have a problem with your name being mentioned
in this context, pls let us know.

Note that this profile is written for a somewhat ideal candidate. We
fully realize that such people are probably non-existent, so don't
hesitate to nominate somebody who in your opinion would fit this role
quite well but doesn't fit this profile 100%. And the intend is to
select two co-chairs that can complement each other and work together.

As for the profile:
 
- Good management and process skills, including but not limited to
  choosing and supervising editors, commitment and followthrough on
  the charter, active management of the working group discussions,
  and handling IETF process steps in prompt fashion.
- Good basic knowledge of the AAA protocols. That not only includes
  Diameter, but also Radius. 
- Understanding of the requirements/needs/applications of AAA protocols.
  Specifically, understanding the needs of other organizations (like 3GPP)
  is a useful asset.
- Operational background/experience is very desirable.
- Enough available time. For example, preferable not more than one
  other working chair role in IETF.
- There is no requirement that the candidate has been an IETF working
  group chair before, but it helps if there is some evidence that the
  candidate can fullfill such a role (eg. other management role in
  other places than IETF etc.)

We would like to receive your comments & nominations by Jan 30th 2006
and we plan to make a decision as soon as possible thereafter.
It will be helpful if you indicate in your nomination mail how
you or the nominated candidate fits this profile as best as possible.
 
And last but not least, we would like to thank John Loughney for 
leading/guiding the work to develop the DIME WG charter. He also
started a new mailing list: [email-masked]
 
David Kessens & Bert Wijnen

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime