Subject: [Dime] WG consensus on: Diameter Quality of Service Application

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:53:56 +0300

At IETF 65, there was strong consensus (and interest) in working on the
Diameter Quality of Service 
Application, based upon this draft.
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/draft-tschofenig-dime-diameter-qos-00.txt

This is a consensus call on the mailing list.  Please comment on this
draft, and based upon list
discussions, Hannes and I will make a determination if this draft can be
added as a working group
document.  As Hannes is co-chairing the working group, we'll consult
with the other draft
authors about finding someone to replace Hannes as the main editor.

thanks,
John & Hannes

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:13:50 +0200

Hi John,
Hi all,

please note that we plan to go through the individual design decisions 
during the next few weeks. For example, we will discuss whether it is 
better to build the Diameter QoS application on top of NASEQ or DCC, 
which QoS parameter need to be exchanged, what scenarios we plan to 
support, etc. Thereby we can ensure that (a) we meet the groups 
expectation and (b) the design is sound.

I also plan to discuss what other organizations did in the Diameter QoS 
context. It would be good to learn something from their work.

Ciao
Hannes