Subject: [Dime] DiME minutes

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:48:17 +0300

Hi all,

Here are the minutes from the last IETF.  Send comments, I will shortly
send some topics for 
mailing list approval.

John

IETF-65, DiME WG, 3/21
minutes: Greg, Jabber: Hannes

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06mar/agenda/dime.txt
overview of milestones 

Ideally we want 3588 to go to Draft Standard
 Bert: MIB probably not required
 We can't change functionality, if going for DS  We're not wed to DS,
can also recycle as Proposed Std

4/24-28 DiME interop event in NJ
 hosted by Ulticom
 NDA vs. gentleman's agreement discussed  final report is vendor blind
anyway, e.g. Vendor A, B, C

 concern: also need to include some security testing  
 desired apps: Base DCCA SIP Cx/Sh/Rf(Ro) EAP NASREQ MIP

--

Interop Test plans - Victor Fajardo  - 10 mintues 
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/draft-fajardo-dime-interop-test-suite-00.t
xt

Doc provides test cases and topologies for apps people interested in.
Attempted to cover most common functions.  
Some things left up to the testers, e.g. particular EAP methods for EAP
app.  Only one review by non-authors.  
Chair: everyone attending should read the doc.

--

Discussion of IPFilterRule and RadExt efforts - Mauricio Sanchez - 10
minutes 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-filter-rules-00.tx
t

RADEXT has taken Diameter IPFilterRule and extended it.
Q: How does IPFilterRule apply to IPsec protected topic? 
A: This would need to be separate work.
RADEXT attr called NAS-Traffic-Rule
Today, RADEXT draft does not have a Diameter compatibility section.
Current proposal is to converge the RAD/Diam dialects.
Some RADEXT people felt that the RADEXT charter precludes adding
functionality that are not in Diameter.
3GPP may be requesting IPFilter in RADEXT support from IETF.
One potential solution: IPFilterRule removed from NASREQ, Diameter
inherits the new attr from RADEXT, then the extra function added to
Diameter.

--

Diameter MIPv6 - Hannes Tschoffening - 10 minutes 
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/draft-tschofenig-dime-mip6-integrated-00.t
xt
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/draft-tschofenig-dime-mip6-split-01.txt

Background: MIPv6 working on AAA goals draft
(ietf-mip6-aaa-ha-goals-01.txt).
'integrated' & 'split' scenario for bootstrapping.
Split scenario: EAP in IKEv2 between MN & HA
  Diam between AAA-MSA & HA
Integrated solution more complicated:
  Diam between DHCP relay & AAAV, and between AAAV & AAAH Scenario
drafts: draft-tschofenig-dime-mip6-integrated/split-00/1.txt
Open issues: new attributes vs. new application EU funded project
(Enable): possibly could fund a prototype.
MIPv6 WG not done: Chair: anyone interested?
Handraise: about nine people interested in the work.

--

Diameter QoS - Hannes Tschoffening - 10 minutes 
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/draft-tschofenig-dime-diameter-qos-00.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/draft-tschofenig-radext-qos-02.txt

Work started in NSIS (requirements work more than a couple yrs back).
Separates the QoS reservation transport (RSVP/NSIS/etc) from the AAA
authorization protocol (Diam/RAD/etc).
TISPAN/3gpp/2 haven't finalized requirements yet; this may be useful.
Handraise: dozen people interested in QoS authorization via diameter.
--

Diameter API - TBD - 10 minutes
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/draft-ietf-dime-diameter-api-00.txt

Have been some questions about why this is a charter item.
Chair: we inherited this from AAA WG.
API design is callback based. C++
IETF APIs are Informational.
Take to list: some previous commenters not present.
Glen: we're not ready for WGLC yet.

--

Diameter-RADIUS interworking - TBD - 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mitton-diameter-radius-vsas-01
.txt

Goal: provide bi-directional communication via translation.
VSA translation not currently described in 4005.
Need to get RADEXT buy-in for two-way.
suggestion: why not encapulate all of diameter?
Q: anyone trying to translate? 
A: a couple hands.  
Q: anyone translating VSAs?  
A: radio silence
It may not be a problem to open NASREQ & changes

Kicked-out by next WG (5 mins over)
--

RFC3588 updating discussion - all - remaining time.
<none>

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime