Subject: [Dime] yet another way of achieving strict routing

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:08:09 -0400

While studying the mechanics of achiveing strict routing in
draft-tsou-dime-base-routing-ext, the following came to my mind:

1) Requests are sent by client regularly
2) Stateless intermediaries just relay the message
3) If an intermediary wants to stay in the path for a session, it does the
following with the messages for that session:
	i- For the first answer, it saves the Origin-Host/Origin-Realm AVP values
in the message and replaces them with its own Host/Realm values.
	ii- Subsequent requests received by this intermediary will have its
Host/Realm value in Destination-Host/Destination-Realm AVPs of the request.
They are replaced with the values stored in i-.

Considering that proxies which want to stay on the path will be stateful, 3)
shouldn't be a problem.

This is very similar to what is explained in the draft, except the state is
kept in proxies rather than in the message.

   Thanks,
   Tolga

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime