Subject: [Dime] AAA URI draft submitted

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:06:20 +0300

Hi:

One of the milestones that we have in our charter relates to the AAA URI 
draft, a draft that some time ago was a WG item in the AAA WG, and we 
decided to postpone it to maintenance.

I have now resubmitted the original draft. I have just done an update, 
since a few RFCs have been revisted (e.g., ABNF, Generic URI syntax), 
but essentially, there aren't changes with respect the version we used 
to have in the AAA WG.

While the document is posted, you can download it from:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-garcia-dime-aaa-uri-00.txt
http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-garcia-dime-aaa-uri-00.html

Now, I would like to have a discussion on a few topics.

1) Are people interested on fixing the AAA URI?
2) Are people interested on registering the AAA URI scheme with IANA.
3) Do people think that an incompatible change is the approach we should 
follow?

I believe in a YES for 1 and 2. However, I think that this isn't anymore 
a quick update to RFC 3588, which was the original intention of the 
draft. Instead, we should have a compatible change that allows a smooth 
transition in existing Diameter implementations. Perhaps we should be 
looking at a Diameter URI after all, something that could be even 
advertised in CER/CEA and deprecate the AAA URI.

Well, I would like to hear opinions on the topic.

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
sip:[email-masked]
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime