Subject: [Dime] The Auditing Problem

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 13:06:04 +0100

Hi Ulf,
Hi Tolga,

I think that the discussion triggered by Tolga was quite helpful in 
order to get a better understanding of the auditing work.

What I would like to see is a more detailed example scenario (possibly 
with message flows). Tolga provided a scenario with a figure but it 
needs to be enhanced when it comes to the "service logic functionality". 
I think that this is important since there is a front-end and a back-end 
part to the entire story. The TISPAN QoS scenario has been mentioned as 
a potential customer of this work and it could be a nice example to see 
how the failure cases happen and how state is requested and moved 
around. I can imagine that there are a number of issues that need to be 
discussed when we jump into the details.

I have also noticed that a number of terms are used without clearly 
describing them. For example, there are a number of different failover 
cases that need more description to ensure that we are on the same page. 
Another example: What is the definition for "session leaking"?

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime