Subject: [Dime] Query regarding CER

From: "Rawat, Himanshu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:20:55 +0530

Hi,

 I have a query regarding "How to discard CER's received from unknown
peers". I've gone through the RFC 3588, there one term is mentioned i.e.
"local policy".

 What exactly this local policy is? Does it contain information about
the authorized peers like IP address?

 What are the contents?

 How can we use this policy in discarding CER's?.

Second, suppose we have a diameter client which needs to connect to
diameter server. How this diameter client does know to connect to which
server while sending the CER (I think there is no destination AVP
included in CER)? Is there some sort of configuration file has to be
maintained on client side which has all the connection parameters
related to the server?

Looking for answers!!!!

Thanks & Regards

Himanshu Rawat

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime