Subject: [Dime] QoS-Filter-Rule Query!

From: "Diameter K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:11:24 +0530

Hi All,*
      *As per RFC 4005 QoS-Filter-Rule may be used to send Authorization
Related information to the serving NAS. The format specified is "action dir
proto from src to dst [options]" where options format is "DSCP <color>
metering <rate> <color_under> <color_over>".
   I want to know how can i send service characteristics such as "Max
Traffic Burst", "Allowed Jitter" etc. As per my understanding i feel the RFC
allows only for sending the traffic rate.
  Or Should these characteristics be know at the NAS itself and the AAA
Server can only send the DSCP of the service it is authorizing the user to
use. But in this case why should the AAA server send the <rate> parameter.
This also can very well be configured at the NAS.

Thanks and Regards,
Shiv
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:31:29 +0100

Hi Shiv, 
 
RFC 4005 provides some basic functionality and it does not allow to send
more sophisticated QoS parameters. 
 
We are currently working on an extended version of the QoS
functionality. You might want to take a look at 
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/draft-tschofenig-dime-diameter-qos-01.txt
 
A new version of the document will be available in the next few days, I
hope. 

Ciao
Hannes

________________________________

	Von: Diameter K [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. Januar 2007 12:41
	An: [email-masked]
	Betreff: [Dime] QoS-Filter-Rule Query!

	Hi All,
	      As per RFC 4005 QoS-Filter-Rule may be used to send
Authorization Related information to the serving NAS. The format
specified is "action dir proto from src to dst [options]" where options
format is "DSCP <color> metering <rate> <color_under> <color_over>". 
	   I want to know how can i send service characteristics such as
"Max Traffic Burst", "Allowed Jitter" etc. As per my understanding i
feel the RFC allows only for sending the traffic rate. 
	  Or Should these characteristics be know at the NAS itself and
the AAA Server can only send the DSCP of the service it is authorizing
the user to use. But in this case why should the AAA server send the
<rate> parameter. This also can very well be configured at the NAS.
	
	Thanks and Regards,
	Shiv