Subject: [Dime] Use of ICMP messages

From: "naveen sarma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 21:31:15 +0530

Hi,

Can any one clarify the following question:

As per section 2.1 " Diameter implementations SHOULD be able to interpret
ICMP protocol port unreachable messages as explicit indications that the
server is not reachable, subject to security policy on trusting such
messages."
As per section 2.6 " Expiration time --- Specifies the time at which
dynamically discovered peer table entries are to be either refreshed, or
expired."

Does the expiration time has got anything todo with the ICMP messages
described in the section 2.1?

-- 
Yours
Naveen.
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime