Subject: [Dime] DCCA

From: Liyaqatali <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:12:23 +0530

Hi

Couple of questions.

In RFC 4006, sec 5.2 which states  "If several unit
types are sent in the Answer message, the credit-control client MUST
handle each unit type separately." What does it it actual mean to
handle it separately?

Suppose the client requests some units in time but the server grants
both in time and money i.e. server adds cc-time and cc-money avps in
the granted service units AVP then how is the client suppose to handle
this? if client can understand only time then? Should the client
request and report used units  in both time and money or is it fine to
report in either ?

I would really appreciate if you can help me out here.

--
Regards,
Liyaqatali G Nadaf

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Tolga Asveren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:34:44 -0500

Hi Liyaqatali,

In the scenario you described, I would expect the client to report used
units only in time. It does not have the knowledge to do the translation
between time and money.

I couldn't think of a scenario, why the server would use both cc-time and
cc-time in the answer. Does anybody have any idea about that? What could be
the reason to do so?

    Thanks,
    Tolga

-----Original Message-----
From: Liyaqatali [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 4:42 AM
To: [email-masked]; Tolga Asveren
Subject: DCCA

Hi

Couple of questions.
In RFC 4006, sec 5.2 which states  "If several unit types are sent in the
Answer message, the credit-control client MUST handle each unit type
separately." What does it it actual mean to handle it separately?

Suppose the client requests some units in time but the server grants both in
time and money i.e. server adds cc-time and cc-money avps in the granted
service units AVP then how is the client suppose to handle this? if client
can understand only time then? Should the client request and report used
units  in both time and money or is it fine to report in either ?

--
Regards,
Liyaqatali G Nadaf

---

From: "Patrik Teppo \(KA/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:06:29 +0100

Hi all,

If the DCC client is implemented to only handle cc-time then it can't
measure money and report back USU/CC-Money.

The service-context should define which unit types that shall be used
and in the case below there is a configuration error for the specific
service-context.

BR,
Patrik 

-----Original Message-----
From: Tolga Asveren [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: den 26 februari 2007 17:35
To: Liyaqatali; [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] RE: DCCA

Hi Liyaqatali,

I couldn't think of a scenario, why the server would use both cc-time
and cc-time in the answer. Does anybody have any idea about that? What
could be the reason to do so?

    Thanks,
    Tolga

-----Original Message-----
From: Liyaqatali [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 4:42 AM
To: [email-masked]; Tolga Asveren
Subject: DCCA

Hi

Couple of questions.
In RFC 4006, sec 5.2 which states  "If several unit types are sent in
the Answer message, the credit-control client MUST handle each unit type
separately." What does it it actual mean to handle it separately?

Suppose the client requests some units in time but the server grants
both in time and money i.e. server adds cc-time and cc-money avps in the
granted service units AVP then how is the client suppose to handle this?
if client can understand only time then? Should the client request and
report used units  in both time and money or is it fine to report in
either ?

--
Regards,
Liyaqatali G Nadaf

---

From: Liyaqatali <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:22:05 +0530

There couple of scenarios.

According to the sec 4.2.1.1 of the test suite used as a reference for
the interop
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fajardo-dime-interop-test-suite-04),
in the first test case the client is not supposed to add
Requested-Service-Unit AVP  in the initial CCR. In this case the DCCA
server can send back a CCA and have, say, more than one unit types
included in Granted-Service-Unit AVP.

And according to RFC 4006, if the client is does not know the cost of
the service it can request in terms of service events and if the client
requests in time and if the service context at the server says that
both Money and time are the supported unit types then the server might
send back a CCA with both time and money.

Is there something that I am missing?

Regards,
Liyaqatali G Nadaf

Patrik Teppo (KA/EAB) wrote:

Hi all,

BR,
Patrik

-----Original Message-----
From: Tolga Asveren [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: den 26 februari 2007 17:35
To: Liyaqatali; [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] RE: DCCA

Hi Liyaqatali,

Thanks,
Tolga

-----Original Message-----
From: Liyaqatali [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 4:42 AM
To: [email-masked]; Tolga Asveren
Subject: DCCA

Hi

Couple of questions.

--
Regards,
Liyaqatali G Nadaf