Subject: [Dime] draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated-03.txt Feedback

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 09:33:57 +0200

Hi all,

I asked Gottfried Punz, a co-worker of mine and a long-time 3GPP 
participant, to review our Diameter Mobility documents.
With respect to draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated-03.txt he responded:

"
Unfortunately I could not understand this draft fully, and I fear this 
will be the same with other SA2 delegates.

I understand that the target is to bootstrap MIPv6 via AAA procedures. 
But there is no simple depiction of messages flows.

Rather  it is a jump start into commands, AVPs, etc. Section 6, on the 
other hand, presents 3 scenarios rudimentarily in the very special 
nomenclature of this draft(s); it would be better for our purposes to 
see an overall procedure, i.e. a complete attach or HO procedure. I 
think chapter 3 should be reworked with general message names, and 
chapter 6 could then show how they map onto concrete messages names, 
after defining them in chapter 4.
"

Maybe we should check our documents for readability since we cannot 
assume that everyone has followed the MIP6 working group discussions on 
MIPv6 bootstrapping the last few years.

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Chowdhury, Kuntal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:10:57 -0400

Hi Hannes,

I think understanding of the mip6 bootstrapping scenario as a whole and
the relevant solutions (split/integrated) require some background
reading. Perhaps start from the mip6 bootstrap ps document and review of
the bootstrap solutions documents will provide better understanding of
the parts of the solution such as this nas-haaa diameter part. The AAA
goals document is a good reference as well.

-Kuntal

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hannes Tschofenig [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 2:34 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: Punz, Gottfried
> Subject: [Dime] draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated-03.txt Feedback
> 
> Hi all,
>