Subject: [Dime] Diameter Mobility: Status Update

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 16:46:19 +0200

Hi all,

here is a short status update of the Diameter mobility work. We are 
currently in the progress of updating the draft. Some of you have 
already provided feedback on individual items. More feedback is, 
however, appreciated.

Diameter Mobile IPv6: NAS <-> HAAA Support
------------------------------------------

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated-03.txt

The following changes will be made to the document:

Issue 1: Come up with a new revision that has the grouped AVP based on
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dime/current/msg01384.html

Issue 2: Add a capability AVP for local HA assignment
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dime/current/msg01383.html

Issue 3: Address Kuntal's concern on NASes that are not able to
perform DNS query via indicating it in capability AVP.

Diameter Mobile IPv6: HA-to-AAAH support
----------------------------------------

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-01

The following changes will be made to the document:

Issue A: Moving forward with one Application for Authn and Authz

Based on the recent consensus call, the WG agree to move with this.
Yoshi is ok with moving in this direction.

Issue B: One or two command to support MIP6 Authentication Option as defined
in RFC 4285. Julien posted a message regarding this issue:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dime/current/msg01399.html

Madjid and Julien are in favor of having one command for EAP-Based and One
command for RFC 4285-based authentication.

ACTION ITEM: WG members are invited to respond to the issue and
to express their preference.

Issue C: How does the HA know if IKEv2 is used for VPN access or MIP6 
service?

Out-of scope of the document. However, we agree to add some text on this.

Ciao
Hannes

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime