Subject: [Dime] [Fwd: RADEXT & DIME review of a MBONED ID]

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:46:55 +0200

Hi folks,

there is a review request for a document developed within another 
working group that seems to have AAA related content.

Is someone willing todo a review?

Ciao
Hannes

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	RADEXT & DIME review of a MBONED ID
Date: 	Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:25:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: 	[email-masked] (Scott O. Bradner)
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]

MBONED has been working on "AAA Framework for Multicasting"
(draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-04.txt)  - the topic
seems to overlap the work in both of your WGs

can you take a quick look to see if it would be reasonable to
have a working group last call type of review of the document
in both the radext and dime WGs?

Tnx

Scott

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-04.txt
Date: 	Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:15:18 -0400
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: AAA Framework for Multicasting
	Author(s)	: H. Satou, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-04.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2007-7-12
	
IP multicast-based services, such as TV broadcasting 
         or videoconferencing raise the issue of making sure 
         that potential customers are fully entitled to access 
         the corresponding contents. There is indeed a need 
         for service and content providers to identify (if not 
         authenticate, especially within the context of 
         enforcing electronic payment schemes) and to invoice 
         such customers in a reliable and efficient manner. 
         This memo describes the framework for specifying the 
         Authorization, Authentication and Accounting (AAA) 
         capabilities that could be activated within the 
         context of the deployment and the operation of IP 
         multicast-based services.  This framework addresses 
         the requirements presented in draft-ietf-mboned-
         maccnt-req-04.txt, "Requirements for Accounting, 
         Authentication and Authorization in Well Managed IP 
         Multicasting Services". The memo provides a basic AAA 
         enabled model as well as an extended fully enabled 
         model with resource and admission control 
         coordination.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-multiaaa-framework-04.txt

...

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime