Subject: [Dime] RFC 4006: Tariff Change Usage

From: Liyaqatali <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:11:41 +0530

I had a query regarding the usage of traiff-change-usage AVP.

Sec 8.16 of RFC 4006 states that, "When both the Tariff-Time-Change and
Tariff-Change-Usage AVPs are present, the server MUST include two
separate instances of the Multiple-Services-Credit-Control AVP with the
Granted-Service-Unit AVP associated to the same service-identifier
and/or rating-group."

and also "The Tariff-Change-Usage AVP MUST NOT be included in request
commands to report used units before, and after tariff time change the
Used- Service-Unit AVP MUST be used."

>From this, quiet clearly, I can infer that the Tariff-Change-Usage AVP
must be added only in USU in a CCR.

My question is, when there is a potential tariff change and the server
sends two MSCCs in a CCA, itemizing the granted units to be used before
and after the tariff change, should the client report back the used
units in two different MSCCs or in a single MSCC with two USUs? Is this
behavior mentioned anywhere else?

i would appreciate if anybody can provide any input on this.

--
Cheers,
Liyaqatali G Nadaf

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime