Subject: [Dime] Fwd: ip address reconfiguration and Host-Ip-Address AVP

From: "harish raghuveer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:25:36 +0530

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding the usage of Host-IP-Address AVP in
the Diameter messages. Would really appreciate pointers in this regard (if
this already has come up in the group).

1. Is any specific address validation procedure expected of Diameter base
protocol whenever a session specific message is received? (for example,
check if the session message is received from a known address of the peer
etc.,). The base protocol spec is not very clear about this.

2. If validation is not expected, what is the utility of this AVP in CER/CEA
messages?

3. If validation is expected, how would we handle interface address
reconfiguration in the scenario of SCTP? My understanding is that SCTP is
expected to work in this case, but if peer Diameter application is not
informed wont it fail (because the message may be originating at a new IP
address and my validations fail)?

thanks and regards,
Harish R Prabhu
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime