Subject: RE: [Dime] Need info on CxDx interface

From: "Tushar Kanti Panda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:23:33 +0530

Hello Bala,

              CxDx messages are not classified based on the interface.
We can't group them under Cx / Dx interface. All messages are equally
applicable to both Cx as well as Dx interface. If you refer 3GPP spec
29.228, it is evident that Cx interface is between I-CSCF / S-CSCF and
HSS. Similarly Dx is between I-CSCF / S-CSCF and SLF. Any messages
originated by CSCF will be sent across Cx interface if it has the fixed
destination host. In the absence of destination host, CSCF will query
SLF across the Dx interface by sending the same message. SLF in turn
returns HSS host name to which CSCF later forwards the request.

Regards

Tushar 

________________________________

From: Glen Zorn (gwz) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:02 AM
To: Balamurugan T, TLS-Chennai; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Dime] Need info on CxDx interface

Hi Guys, 

     I want to know some info regarding CxDx interface functionality. I
would be helpful if 
     somebody give some information regarding the diameter commands to
be used in each 
     interface. 

     Among the possible commands in CxDx(UAR,LIR,MAR,PPR,PNR) ,which
messages used in 
     Cx and which are all comes under Dx.  

If you want to know about 3GPP-specific Diameter usage, I suggest that
you inquire of 3GPP. 

     Thanks in Advance. 

Regards, 
Bala 

EMAIL DISCLAIMER : This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply email and then destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to official business of Mascon shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by Mascon. Any information contained in this email, when addressed to Mascon clients is subject to the terms and conditions in governing client contract.

Whilst Mascon takes steps to prevent the transmission of viruses via e-mail, we can not guarantee that any email or attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions. Mascon grants no warranties regarding performance, use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused. 

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime