Subject: [Dime] draft-ietf-dime-qos-attributes-02.txt - Use of M-bit

From: "Asveren, Tolga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:29:56 -0400

I noticed that for the new QoS AVPs, the M-bit is listed as "MAY". This
would mean that this bit may be set and in such a case addition of such
an AVP to an existing command is not allowed according to the
extensibility rules we defined. We would need to define new commands and
new commands would mean new applications.
 
I guess this is a good opportunity to test the practical applicability
of the rules defined in the application design guidelines document.

  Thanks,
  Tolga

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 17:39:54 +0300

Tolga,

that's a good catch. Thanks a lot for the comment.

Regarding the Diameter Design Guidelines: Based on the received review 
comments we should say a bit more about this topic in the design 
guidelines document. I will post a separate mail about this subject to 
the list.

Ciao
Hannes