Subject: [Dime] E2E-Sequence AVP

From: "Thomas Lindgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 17:16:41 +0200

All,

I just looked through 3588bis version 08. As far as I can tell the
E2E-Sequence AVP is not used anywhere and lacks a proper definition. (It is
defined as 'grouped' in the table on p.57 and in 6.15, but 6.15 then does
not provide a valid or useful definition.) Is there a good reason to retain
this AVP in 3588bis? If so, it should be properly defined. But without such
a reason, I propose we take this opportunity to get rid of it.

Best,
Thomas
--
Thomas Lindgren, Millpond Services Ltd
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Victor Fajardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 11:31:36 -0400

Hi Thomas,

Seems like in issue 51 
(http://tschofenig.priv.at:8080/diameter-interop/issue51), we left the 
sequence avp alone for fear that somebody maybe using it. This is 
unlikely though so I think we can double check to see if this is truly 
the case and cleanup/remove this avp accordingly.

regards,
victor

> E2E-Sequence AVP is not used anywhere and lacks a proper definition. 
> (It is defined as 'grouped' in the table on p.57 and in 6.15, but 6.15 
> then does not provide a valid or useful definition.) Is there a good 
> reason to retain this AVP in 3588bis? If so, it should be properly 
> defined. But without such a reason, I propose we take this opportunity 
> to get rid of it.
>
> Best,
> Thomas
> --
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>