Subject: [Dime] Questions as input to Thursday's diameter routing DT meeting are following.

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:39:15 +0800

Hi all,

Questions as input to Thursday's diameter routing DT meeting are following.

Could we make a decision on how to proceed with explicit routing problem, now that the problem seems to be there for ERP as well (see Julien's problem summary mail today)?

May I ask the DT how many would like to see this problem being solved in the WG?

Wish you a prosperous and healthy New Year:D

B. R.
Tina
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:10:41 -0800

Tina TSOU [[email-masked]] writes:

Hi all,

Could we make a decision on how to proceed with explicit routing problem,
now that the problem seems to be there for ERP as well (see Julien's problem
summary mail today)?

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous message: there is no need whatsoever
for "explicit routing" for Diameter messages containing ERP-related AVPs,
nor is there any necessity for AAA agents or servers to be co-located with
hokey server.  The hokey WG did not design a protocol that requires the
fundamental operation of Diameter (or RADIUS, for that matter) to be
modified because that would have been, well, stupid (what that says about
the 3GPP "architecture" I leave up to you ;-).  hokey is a separate &
distinct network service that happens to use AAA as a transport, not a
Diameter application.  It is a requirement that AAA agents/servers & hokey
servers to communicate, but the means of communication is
implementation-specific.  

May I ask the DT how many would like to see this problem being solved in the
WG?

B. R.
Tina