Subject: [Dime] FW: Protocol Action: 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Network Access Server to Diameter Server Interaction' to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:18:29 +0100

Congratulations to the editors, chairs and the whole working group for
the completion of this item. 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 7:24 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; dime mailing list; dime chair; RFC
Editor
Subject: Protocol Action: 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Network
Access Server to Diameter Server Interaction' to Proposed Standard 

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Network Access Server to Diameter 
   Server Interaction '
   <draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated-12.t
xt

Technical Summary

  A Mobile IPv6 node requires a Home Agent address, a home address, and
  a security association with its Home Agent before it can start
  utilizing Mobile IPv6.  RFC 3775 requires that some or all of these
  parameters are statically configured.  Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping work
  aims to make this information dynamically available to the Mobile
  Node.  An important aspect of the Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping solution
  is to support interworking with existing authentication,
  authorization and accounting infrastructure.  This document describes
  the MIPv6 bootstrapping using the Diameter Network Access Server
  (NAS) to home Authentication, Authorization and Accounting server
  (HAAA) interface.

Working Group Summary

    There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Document Quality

     The document has received extensive reviews from DIME and MIP6 
     working group members. This document is a building block in the 
     Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping architecture. Area review was performed
by

     Dan Romascanu, and GenART review by Vijay Gurbani. 

Personnel

    David Frascone is the document shepherd, Dan Romascanu is the 
    responsible Area Director.  

RFC Editor Note

    RFC Editor, before publication please make the following change: 

    Section 4.2.1, first line:
    s/type of Grouped/of type Grouped/

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:20:17 +0200

Thank you Dan for helping us with progressing the document through the
IESG. 

Ciao
Hannes

>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
>Behalf Of ext Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
>Sent: 14 January, 2009 15:18
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [Dime] FW: Protocol Action: 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: 
>Support forNetwork Access Server to Diameter Server 
>Interaction' toProposed Standard
>
>Congratulations to the editors, chairs and the whole working 
>group for the completion of this item. 
>
>Dan
>
>
>Cc: Internet Architecture Board; dime mailing list; dime 
>chair; RFC Editor
>Subject: Protocol Action: 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for 
>Network Access Server to Diameter Server Interaction' to 
>Proposed Standard 
>
>This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and 
>Extensions Working Group. 
>
>     Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping architecture. Area review was 
>performed by
>