Subject: [Dime] Query Regarding ASR.

From: Rashmi Rath <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 19:34:20 +0530

Hi All,

I have a query regarding server initiated termination (ASR) and the
associated messages that are required to be sent.

As per rfc 4006 server initiate re-authorization in a ongoing session, a
credit control client that receives an RAR message with Session-Id equal to
a currently active credit-control session MUST acknowledge the request by
sending RAA with Result-Code 2002 (DIAMETER_LIMITED_SUCCESS) and MUST
initiate the credit re-authorization toward the server by sending a
CCR-UPDATE. The Result-Code 2002 (DIAMETER_LIMITED_SUCCESS) SHOULD be used
in the RAA message to indicate that an additional message (i.e., CCR-UPDATE)
is required to complete the procedure.

Similarly nothing is mentioned about server initiated termination (ASR).

What should be the Result-Code in ASA "DIAMETER_SUCCESS" or
"DIAMETER_LIMITED_SUCCESS"?

Is it mandatory to send CCR-T after ASR/ASA?

-- 
Thanks & Regards

Ranjan
_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "Schendel, Jens (NSN - DE/Berlin)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:50:56 +0100

Hi,
 
you may check the state machine section 7, there is the appropriate
hint.
 
 The event 'User service terminated' can be triggered by various
   reasons, e.g., normal user termination, network failure, and ASR
   (Abort-Session-Request)...
 
State     Event                          Action           New State
----------------------------------------------------------------
Open      User service terminated        Send             PendingT
                                         CC termination
                                         req.
 
I don't see any rationale for Limited_Success indication and yes,
CCR(terminate) is to be send.
 
Jens

________________________________

Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von
ext Rashmi Rath
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2009 15:04
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: [Dime] Query Regarding ASR.

Hi All,

As per rfc 4006 server initiate re-authorization in a ongoing session, a
credit control client that receives an RAR message with Session-Id equal
to a currently active credit-control session MUST acknowledge the
request by sending RAA with Result-Code 2002 (DIAMETER_LIMITED_SUCCESS)
and MUST initiate the credit re-authorization toward the server by
sending a CCR-UPDATE. The Result-Code 2002 (DIAMETER_LIMITED_SUCCESS)
SHOULD be used in the RAA message to indicate that an additional message
(i.e., CCR-UPDATE) is required to complete the procedure.

-- 
Thanks & Regards

Ranjan

---

From: Rashmi Rath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:10:05 +0530

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your response.

Since CCR-T is must, I think diameter client should send ASA with
Result-Code:DIAMETER_LIMITED_SUCCESS (2002) to indicate session termination
is not complete and expecting additional message (i.e. CCR-TERMINATE) to
complete the procedure.

Thanks
Ranjan

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Schendel, Jens (NSN - DE/Berlin) <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> you may check the state machine section 7, there is the appropriate hint.
>
>  ------------------------------
> *Von:* [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] *Im Auftrag
> von *ext Rashmi Rath
> *Gesendet:* Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2009 15:04
> *An:* [email-masked]
> *Betreff:* [Dime] Query Regarding ASR.
>
> Hi All,
>
>

-- 
Thanks & Regards

Ranjan

---

From: "Senapati, Dhirananda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:31:44 +0530

Hi All,

I was verifying the peer state machine of rfc 3588bis-15.I found some
mismatch between section 5.4 and Diameter peer state machine.

Section 5.4:  Disconnecting Peer connections

   "Upon receipt of the message, the Disconnect-Peer-Answer is returned,
which SHOULD contain an error if messages have recently been forwarded,
and are likely in flight, which would otherwise cause a race condition.
The receiver of the Disconnect-Peer-Answer initiates the transport
disconnects. The sender of the Disconnect-Peer-Answer should be able to
detect the transport closure and cleanup the connection."

Section 5.6: Peer state machine 

R-Open           R-Rcv-DPR        R-Snd-DPA,       Closed

                                  R-Disc

The transport layer connection is disconnected, and local resources are
freed.

As per state machine sender of the Disconnect-Peer-Answer is the one who
initiate the transport disconnect but as per the section 5.4 the
receiver of the Disconnect-Peer-Answer initiates the transport
disconnect.

Please let me know which one is correct.

Thanks and Regards,
Dhirananda

---

From: "Schendel, Jens (NSN - DE/Berlin)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:43:37 +0100

Hi Ranjan,
 
hmm, not sure whether sending of ASR and following CCR should be
considerd as procedure (as it is done for RAR). 
RFC3588 says about this result code "additional processing is required
by the application in order to provide service to the user." Here it is
just about service termination.
Anyway, most important is the sending of CCR(terminate) to finalize the
session correctly.
 
Jens

Von: ext Rashmi Rath [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Gesendet: Freitag, 30. Januar 2009 05:40
An: Schendel, Jens (NSN - DE/Berlin)
Cc: [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: [Dime] Query Regarding ASR.

Hi Jens,

Since CCR-T is must, I think diameter client should send ASA with
Result-Code:DIAMETER_LIMITED_SUCCESS (2002) to indicate session
termination is not complete and expecting additional message (i.e.
CCR-TERMINATE) to complete the procedure.

Thanks
Ranjan

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Schendel, Jens (NSN - DE/Berlin)
<[email-masked]> wrote:

	Hi,
	 
	you may check the state machine section 7, there is the
appropriate hint.
	 
	 The event 'User service terminated' can be triggered by various
	   reasons, e.g., normal user termination, network failure, and
ASR
	   (Abort-Session-Request)...
	 
	State     Event                          Action           New
State
	----------------------------------------------------------------
	Open      User service terminated        Send
PendingT
	                                         CC termination
	                                         req.
	 
	I don't see any rationale for Limited_Success indication and
yes, CCR(terminate) is to be send.
	 
	Jens

	Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im
Auftrag von ext Rashmi Rath
	Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2009 15:04
	An: [email-masked]
	Betreff: [Dime] Query Regarding ASR.

	Hi All,

	I have a query regarding server initiated termination (ASR) and
the associated messages that are required to be sent.
	
	As per rfc 4006 server initiate re-authorization in a ongoing
session, a credit control client that receives an RAR message with
Session-Id equal to a currently active credit-control session MUST
acknowledge the request by sending RAA with Result-Code 2002
(DIAMETER_LIMITED_SUCCESS) and MUST initiate the credit re-authorization
toward the server by sending a CCR-UPDATE. The Result-Code 2002
(DIAMETER_LIMITED_SUCCESS) SHOULD be used in the RAA message to indicate
that an additional message (i.e., CCR-UPDATE) is required to complete
the procedure.
	
	Similarly nothing is mentioned about server initiated
termination (ASR).

	
	-- 
	Thanks & Regards
	
	Ranjan

-- 
Thanks & Regards

Ranjan

---

From: Santhosh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:12:37 +0530

Hi,
I have been trying to understand the credit control application usage. I
could not understand 2 points.
1)what is the meaning of "queue termination event". what application will
have to do with this
2) second question is regarding "Change in rating condition". I want to know
as per the state machine change in rating condition will indicate the
application to queue the rating condition event. But I want to know how will
application will come about change in rating condition.     
	Waiting for answers.....
In rfc-4006
    PendingI  User service terminated        Queue         PendingI
                                             termination
                                             event
    PendingI  Change in rating condition     Queue         PendingI
                                             		changed
                                             		rating
                                             		condition
                                             		event

Regds
Santhosh